Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

What Fuel Additive are you running?

Fuel Additive Poll

111K views 249 replies 113 participants last post by  topshelfproducts 
#1 · (Edited)
What additive are you running?

#143 ·
Will you share that info with the buyer when you sell the truck?

#3 ·
And if I may add does it have an affect on regens for us 07.5 and up guys

#7 ·
I use Diesel Kleen but would like to try the Opti-lube

#9 ·
Opti XPD, but occasionally DK gray bottle.

#10 · (Edited)
I only use additive in winter for Antigel, and buy one bottle of cleaner run through mid summer.
I choose what is most concentrated and what is cheaper. Typically its Howes which I get for $9 for 32oz.

#11 ·
DK white bottle in winter, DK gray in summer.

(DK = Diesel Kleen for the new folks that may not know what DK means)

I've run it since day 1 in my 09, which I bought new. 90% of the time I dump in the recommended amount every other fill up, unless I'm down to 1/4 or so when I fill, then I pour it in even if I put it in on the tank of fuel I just used.

I buy it in the big bottle, and pour that in to the little bottle, putting in the amount needed depending in which truck I am driving, then I dump the little bottle in the tank.

I use 10oz in the 06 short bed (26 gallon tank)
I don't remember what I use in the 09 because it's been a while since I drove it.

#12 ·
Power Service DK (gray bottle) for warm weather.
Stanadyne PF (blue label) for cold weather.

#15 ·
Thanks Guys.....Keep it going !

#16 ·
DK white bottle for winter, gray bottle for summer.

#17 ·
I've been using Optilube XPD for a while. I no longer have a DPF, so I can't say whether it has any impact on regen intervals. I get slightly better mileage with XPD or with Optilube's winter formula than going without additive using winter blended fuel.

#18 ·
Optilube XPD, plan on switching to summer blend on the next go around.

#19 ·
DK WHITE November - April
DK Gray May-October

Indiana Environment

#20 ·
New Member here.......Just adding my thoughts and definitly interested in ya'lls thoughts and experiences......

Local diesel/bosch shop I had worked with on first Duramax had a conversation a few days ago after we purchased new truck. He stated the biggest problem they see are with quality of fuel. He stated water is the issue and he recommended a demulisier for sure. They sell many products, but Standadyne are the ones they push the most. This shop has been in business for many many years. I told him my father, now 83, was retired diesel mechanic with military. They went thru lots of trucks broke down on the road. All 250 Cummnins. Once they started using Power Service, virtually all break downs ceased. I see lots of people use it here too! But, when I posed this question to the shop foreman, he stated that PS did not have a demulsifier and they really prefer that.

Thanks and again glad to be here!

#23 ·
I've been getting good results with DK and you're right, it does not address water in fuel. Your stock filter should remove most of the water and a demulsifier helps with water removal (emulsifiers on the other hand allow water to go thru filter and is not recommended on our trucks).
I believe most Stanadyne formulas contain demulsifiers but they cost a little more than DK.
BTW, the popular CAT 2 micron filters are not designed to remove water if I remember correctly.

#21 ·
XPD=in the winter
Summer+= the rest of the time.
All Optilube

Reactions: SoCalMike
#22 ·
XDP Diesel Power Plus in every tank except I run a DK Gray bottle every 10th tank or so. Not sure that helps but hopefully it doesn't hurt.

#24 ·
Not to be confused with XPD, I run XDP (Xtreme Diesel Performance) Fuel Additive and I saw a 1-1.5 mpg increase on the highway. And that was 5 back to back fill ups on a long road trip. And my truck runs cleaner, less smoke. Once it warms up, it sounds quieter too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.