Cng Kits: More Info Needed - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Alternative Fuels - Diesel - Additives - Lubricants Discussion of diesel, its various additives, oils, lubricants and alternative fuels IE: Bio-Diesel ect...

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 10:10 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Cng Kits: More Info Needed

We need more info on these kits. How much are they? What do you need in order to run one on a diesel engine? Just curious. DeLuca Fuel Products . This site has some info but it isn't a enough to get people interested in it. Please anyone with any enough post what you can about it or links to a site that may better explain the setup and overall cost of a CNG injection system.

Erik
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2008, 08:20 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

TTT Does anyone care about this subject or am I the token on this issue?!
Old 08-30-2008, 08:41 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

I don't think you the only one interested. It's just that there is only one guy on here that runs it or even knows anything about it and he is a new member that hasn't bee on here in a while now.

:rockin2010 Camaro SS LS3 426 HP:rockin
BigRedChevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2008, 08:47 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
VAGITARIAN :)

Wink We're all interested,but not sure.Stingpuller is his user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofuelsdude View Post
TTT Does anyone care about this subject or am I the token on this issue?!
It would help if sometimes you praised the forum instead of griping about how long it takes a member to reply!!:boobooWe are very interested,but would you ruin a 40k truck if you were not sure???I think not!!The thread...Not much action here has the same sort of wording,maybe you aren't the ONLY guy on here that understands the footprint of fuels...I went to be a chem engineer,soooo,if you ready to talk carbon chains,hydrocracking,and splash blending to name a few,feel free to shoot me a PM.....
Kevin
2006 GMC 4x4 CC/SB/sle1/LBZ**312,000 miles!!** PPE HOT+2 225 TUNE beeeyotch:-)AutoMeter egt/boost Suncoast 5 trans w/1056TC!,billet in/out shafts/MagHytec pan!!,M/A built T-Case,4 in.str8piped,5%tint all around......
2007 Chevrolet 4x4 cc\sb,lbz.......SOLD to blunova
Also, I speed and don't come to complete stops at stop signs.

''don't sweat the petty things,pet the sweaty things''
Click below/pictures of my junk!!
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/vb...do=hall&u=8415
daddysLBZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2008, 08:49 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Cool Site, No Luck For a Duramax Guy

Westport Innovations Inc. • Compressed Natural Gas Direct Injection
Old 08-30-2008, 08:52 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Cool Alright Boifueldude...

Good link,nice job,about time!!!
2006 GMC 4x4 CC/SB/sle1/LBZ**312,000 miles!!** PPE HOT+2 225 TUNE beeeyotch:-)AutoMeter egt/boost Suncoast 5 trans w/1056TC!,billet in/out shafts/MagHytec pan!!,M/A built T-Case,4 in.str8piped,5%tint all around......

Old 08-30-2008, 08:59 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Ha, I need to learn more about fossil fuels. I read a few books on coal, one on nuclear, two or three on oil but overall I'm just wanting energy independence before renewable fuels can even go mainstream. I'm not shutting any one down by the way. I'm not waiting for just one member to reply. Anyone with a history of gas based injection systems please chime in. I want to know a lot more with regards to natural gas and why its more "fuel efficient" than propane and such.

DaddysLBZ, its cool your a chem engineer or at least went to school for it (not sure if that's what you do now for a career). One day, when my welding education is complete and I receive a job where they do tuition reimbursement, I want to head towards the mechanical engineering field with a possible background in electrical engineering. I want to end up in the recession proof industry of energy. After all, someone......somewhere... will need the lights to stay on.

Seriously I'm open to any ideas and thoughts, and god willing, till the day I die. Anyone have a book I can buy or check out on the subject of natural gas let me know. I'm an energy dude, its what I'm all about.

Erik

P.S. I understand no foot print of any fuel, I just have a big interest in energy independence with a lot of knowledge of the situation to boot.

Last edited by Biofuelsdude; 08-30-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Biofuelsdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2008, 09:12 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Talking Jus pikin..I know ya can take it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofuelsdude View Post
Ha, I need to learn more about fossil fuels. I read a few books on coal, one on nuclear, two or three on oil but overall I'm just wanting energy independence before renewable fuels can even go mainstream. I'm not shutting any one down by the way. I'm not waiting for just one member to reply. Anyone with a history of gas based injection systems please chime in. I want to know a lot more with regards to natural gas and why its more "fuel efficient" than propane and such.

DaddysLBZ, its cool your a chem engineer or at least went to school for it (not sure if that's what you do now for a career). One day, when my welding education is complete and I receive a job where they do tuition reimbursement, I want to head towards the mechanical engineering field with a possible background in electrical engineering. I want to end up in the recession proof industry of energy. After all, someone......somewhere... will need the lights to stay on.

Seriously I'm open to any ideas and thoughts, and god willing, till the day I die. Anyone have a book I can buy or check out on the subject of natural gas let me know. I'm an energy dude, its what I'm all about.

Erik

P.S. I understand no foot print of any fuel, I just have a big interest in energy independence with a lot of knowledge of the situation to boot.
It's all good,had to give ya a hard time man!!!:tease :boobooI think everyone here is very interested in gettin better :rockinmpg's....And no,I did not finish school for it,life got in way..

Old 08-30-2008, 09:22 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddysLBZ View Post
It's all good,had to give ya a hard time man!!!:tease :boobooI think everyone here is very interested in gettin better :rockinmpg's....And no,I did not finish school for it,life got in way..

Na its all good, I wouldn't take a offense from some old guy behind a computer anyways. Just screwing with ya.

Life does get in the way, I should be done with my welding degree but I'm not. Life..... taking it one day at a time. Now there is a bumper sticker for us all.

Erik
Old 08-30-2008, 09:26 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Yep^^^you're correct...Who is old??Youngun!!!!I'm only 31

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.