Top side creeper - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Behind The Garage Door For your garage / shop including tools & equipment

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Top side creeper

I am thinking about purchasing a top side creeper for under the hood work because it is starting to get hard on the knees inside the hood of a lifted truck lol. Didnt know if it is a good investment and if anyone else has used one. Thanks!
4" MBRP turbo back exhaust
AEM cold air intake
Fass 150
Edge Insight CTS
Cognito pitman and idler arm braces
Tie rod sleeves
EFI Live by Duramaxtuner
Traction bars
aconrad13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 05:20 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

We have one at work and its great for larger trucks. Only problem I have with it is laying on it for too long, and it can make some things harder to do. But being able to get at the back of a 7.3 in a 4x4 F550 is a nice thing.
2008 GMC 3500HD CC LB DRW 4x4~Westin Step Bars, WeatherTech Floor Liners, Antenna "Delete", Plasti Dipped Grill and Emblems and Rims, Leveled, Funky Gear Rims, Nictane Adapter with Donaldson and Clear Bowl, 3" Magna Flow Down Pipe, 5" Diamond Eye Exhaust Dumped, EFI By Kory, Crobra 29LTD WX/BT/NW CB, Dual 4' Firesticks, Recon Roof Lights, Reese Pro Series 15K 5th Wheel Hitch

1985 Chevy C20 RCLB 350 4 Bolt, 4 Barrel Carb, 4.10 Gears, 8600 GVW, Glass Packs Dumped, Pig Skin Leather, Bed Mounted 5th Wheel, Dual 20 gal Tanks, 62,146 Miles, Indian Bronze and Cream~Rolled

DF DRW Club Member 129

Goose2448 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 05:40 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Spoolin' Up
Lifetime Supporting Member

I welded up a step that hangs off the top side of the tire and it sure is handy to reach under the hood of anything, even the big mud toys. Plus if you can weld it can be made of scrap
Mods: Cognito 4"-6" with hd sway bar, ballistic jester camo 17x9 rims with 315/70 R17 Treadwright Guard Dog M/T's, Fabtech tie rods, Pitman and dler arm support kit, pump rub kit, 5000k 55w HIDs in high, lows, 4300k 55w in fogs, all on mod, PPE Air box mod, blocked and stuck, PCV re-route and resonator kit, 5" Diamond Eye Turbo back with 7" tip, raptor liner from body line down and holding up perfect!

www.performancetruckproducts.com
Hibneck1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 05:54 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Retired DF contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibneck1 View Post
I welded up a step that hangs off the top side of the tire and it sure is handy to reach under the hood of anything, even the big mud toys. Plus if you can weld it can be made of scrap
I have a tire step in my wheeler, but it isn't much good when the wheels are leaning against the shop wall. :P Example of tire step.

If you are under the hood/cowl often, top-side creepers are worth every penny in my opinion.
JOKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

You don't have quite the leverage when you are trying break bolts loose, and yeah some situations are a little weird. BUT, my topside creeper is the pride and joy of my life. It is so damn comfortable, it makes me start to get sleepy working at night. This wasn't a problem before because of the excruciating pain in my knees and back. I highly recommend you own one if you plan on doing much under the hood of anything.
90 F-250 rclb 7.3 4x4
800polaris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 06:41 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Mr All Stock

I have the foldable one. If I had to do it again I would buy the regular one. My foldable still takes up a lot of room.
Like said above you lose a lot of leverage when trying to break bolts loose but it was a great investment for when I put my new turbo setup on.
Tonneau cover
More to come one day!

2013 GMC 2500HD Denali CCSB
JoeGorby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 06:46 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade

I use mine a few times a week, and it's a savior if you have a bad back, but it takes up a lot of floor space.
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 07:07 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Alright so seeing the posative feedback im set on getting one. Now the question is what brand?
4" MBRP turbo back exhaust
AEM cold air intake
Fass 150
Edge Insight CTS
Cognito pitman and idler arm braces
Tie rod sleeves
EFI Live by Duramaxtuner
Traction bars
aconrad13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 07:11 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade

I think mines actually called 'topside creeper'
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 02:38 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

I love mine. Got it from NAPA.
07 LBZ 4x4 1LT Banks Speedbrake, EFI Live, 20" American Eagle 507s, 33x12.50 Federal Couragia's, Alligator ffa with CAT filter, PCV dumped to atmosphere as god intended, 5" turboback, HIDs, LED's, downpipe, ATS rear diff cover, Bilstein 5100s, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Planet Audio 12" subs, Cerwin Vega amp. Rockford fosgate amp,Transgo JR, EGR blockoff, PPE race valve.Dyno'd 3/24/12 402hp, 734tq
19psi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.