Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

starting my 04 LB7 build

33K views 258 replies 30 participants last post by  parkly761 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I have officially started my build. So far have only done minor stuff that is cheap if not free. So far I have Debadged, demolded, took off step bars (which are for sale if you are in the Denver area and want some.) Took off and sold camper shell. Switched out interior lights with LED. LED reverse lights. Goes in for window tint tomorrow. Doing 5% all the way around with a 5 inch brow. Got big ideas for this bad boy. My list of To-Do's will follow. But this is how I bought the truck 3 weeks ago and what I am starting with.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Subd get ready to never have a dime to your name lol

#3 ·
hahahaha just got a $3000 bonus and its already "spent". not physically, but it might as well be lol.

#4 ·
Oh and i forgot to add that i straight piped it already. had that done within 4 days of owning it.

#5 ·
What are the plans for the truck?

#6 · (Edited)
This is my TO-DO list. Items are in no particular order as far as what I am doing first or last.

Interior:
LEDs -DONE
Jump Seat to Console swap- DONE
Under seat sub box
Install Tweeters- DONE
Install Rear door speakers -DONE
Weather guard floor mats
Install double din DVD player- DONE (Pioneer AVH-270)

Exterior:
Debadge- DONE
Window tint-DONE
LED license plate light- DONE
Wheels/tires- DONE
new headlight lenses
Paint Entire truck
color match bow tie on grille
get black grill-DONE
install fog lights
Remove step bars- DONE
Tow Mirrors- DONE

Mechanical/Performance:
Injectors- DONE
Lift pump- DONE
EFI Live- DONE (Defiant Diesel Performance)
4 inch straight pipe- DONE (went with Diamond Eye 4" w/ muffler. See post #86 for muffler mod)
fluid flush all around- DONE

Im sure i will be adding to my list constantly but thats what im starting with just off the top of my head.

#7 ·
Do a lift pump first lol

#8 ·
that was my plan. as far as "major purchases" go, im going 1. lift pump, 2. injectors 3.EFI live, 4.Wheels and tires and down the list

#9 ·
Got the windows tinted today. 5% all the way around with a 6 inch brow. Pics to follow tomorrow when I can Grab some in the day light.

#10 ·
Here are some photos if the debadging and new window tint and brow

Attachments

#11 ·
Good lookin truck bud. Lift pump and a real tune will really bring that truck alive. The stock injectors will push all the fuel you can handle on a stock transmission. Unless that lb7 needs new ones in the first place, then by all means swap them.

#12 ·
Thanks! I like it. Ya it needs some injectors already. I have a few balance rates that are out of whack and white smoke at idle.

#13 ·
Just got my center console in the mail. Will be doing the swap from jump seat to console on Thursday since I have the day off. Super excited

#14 ·
just finished installing a PPE High idle switch. Very pleased with it. Had a bit of a hard time with it. I couldnt get the pin to snap into in the ECM connector at first. That was a struggle. But finally got it done and working. Im working on my center console now. Got lots of cleaning to do. it seems the jack wagon that i bought it from stored it ina shed and it is filthy and is covered in bird shit. NOT happy about that. But doing what i can to clean it even though its 15* outside and i dont have a garage to work in.

#16 ·
coming along nicely. Lift pump first, then the rest, but get a built trans in there eventually.

#21 ·
Thanks guys! I have an old motorcycle that is worth some serious coin that I scored for $300 about 3 years ago that I am restoring. Once it's done I can sell it for roughly 5000-6000 plus I have a newer dirt bike that I can sell for around 3000 and bada bing bada boom I have a built trans and some other goodies :)

I shouldn't say I don't have a garage because I do but its barely big enough for a small SUV. And its not insulated and they went cheap when they ran the electrical and if I run a small space heater I trip the breaker so it's just as cold In the garage as it is outside. But I get by.

#23 ·
Well you can always do the stuff that's cheap/free. Debadging. Demolding. Window tint. Minor interior mods. Stuff that may require some work but not much money.

#24 ·
(in best Mathew McConaughey voice) man I love those arrival blue ones, alright, alright, alright

#25 ·
Lol!! Thanks! When I first got it I wasn't hugely fond of it but it has grown on me. I love it now.

#26 ·
Probably the window tint/de badge combo.....the window tint really pops on the arrival blue trucks IMO

#28 ·
Here you go

Attachments

#31 ·
Im on the hunt for the right wheels. want black for sure, need some lip. but i dont want to spend a fortune,.... the search continues

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.