Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

ZachM54's Build

141K views 2K replies 46 participants last post by  ZachM54 
#1 · (Edited)
Didn't realize the addiction was so strong or else I would have started one of these 2 years ago when I got the pickup. I've done quite a bit to her so far and I still have more to do. I'll try to put in as many pics as I can as well. Thanks for looking everybody :thumb

#3 · (Edited)
I use to be an OTR flatbedder so I just had boxes of goodies at a time sitting at home waiting for me when I got some days off. First thing I put an S&B CAI on w/ an LBZ MP, a MBRP 3" DP to 4" exhaust w/ 5" tip, an SDP EGR delete kit, a built from scratch PCV Reroute, a PPE Race Plug and to tie it all together I had Duramaxtuner's trans safe tuning on it w/ an Insight CTS switching the tunes.

#4 · (Edited)
Next round of goodies I put the newer style tow mirrors on, in tunnel rain deflectors, an Airdog II 165 (later added the CAT filter to it), and had my mechanic throw in a MA pump rub fix for me

#11 ·
Alright, next I added smoked Recon 3rd brake and tail lights. Also added a LEDglow tailgate bar, has running, brake, turn signal, and reverse. Also just added LEDs to my interior.

#14 · (Edited)
Next goodies that went on was my Truxedo Lo Pro QT tonneau cover, Bushwacker pocket flares, black mesh grill insert and Denali headlights
Without the grill insert
With insert

#15 · (Edited)
On 10/17/14 at 73,000 miles I had GOS Performance in Livingston, MT build my transmission. Suncoast kit with a 1058 Torque Converter. At about 74,500 after a good break in I got Kory's built transmission tunes. The very same day I flashed the tunes I blew my head gaskets :gearjamin
All loaded up and ready to get towed to my buddy's shop for studs and gaskets. I also had him throw in a MA welded water pump while he was in there.

#20 · (Edited)
Recently I have added an escalade gauge overlay and added red LEDs to it and replaced all my stepper motors. The white needles that came with the kit were complete garbage so I just used the stock needles. I blacked out the KMH so it doesn't show up when lit up. I need to think of a way to black it out cleanly without using tint like I've seen so I don't see it during the day. Looks way better without it there. Also added some rear wheel well liners, make the truck look a lot cleaner IMO. I need to get my truck undercoated sometime. Hate that rust lookin undercarriage. Also added a MA trans brace and a Fleece tapshifter.

#21 · (Edited)
That about catches my progress up. Last night I got my Kryptonite Stage 3 kit and sway bar end links put in. NIGHT AND DAY difference!!!! Took me about 8 hrs altogether by myself and laying on my back to do it and without any stands. Woke up a lil sore this morning needless to say.

JUNK!!!!!!

#23 ·
Went to get an alignment today... turns out my left wheel bearing is shot... would explain the hit or miss slight vibration I'd get at hwy speeds. I just said piss on it and ordered 2 Timken's from dmaxstore. Change both fronts at once and be done with it

#26 · (Edited)
This bad boy showed up today :) Just waiting on an order of goods to come from Autogeek. Once they get here Imma give that red beast a good ol bath & rubdown

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.