Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

My LML Denali Dually Build Thread

31K views 222 replies 30 participants last post by  pl_silverado 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm new here, but I've been a member on dieselplace for quite a while. I've had a number of diesel trucks in the past, and after a year long hiatus (had a BMW M5 itch I needed to scratch), I'm back in one. Here is my 2011 LML Dually. I bought it used with 60k miles on it, as i figured I was instantly going to void the warranty.

Here it is, bone stock.

I've since added N-Fabs

Parts Sitting in the Garage:
-AFE Mach Force XP 4" DP Back Exhaust
-MBRP Downpipe
-EGR Delete Kit
-Passenger side up pipe
-Fass 150 Titanium
-Nicktane OEM Filter Kit
-Beans Diesel Sump Kit
-DT Moto Smoked LED Tail Lights
-Depo Black Headlights
-Smoked LED Third Brake light
-6000k HID Kits for Lows & Fogs
-Kory Willis Autocal

Wheels & Tires, American Force Holes, 20"x8.25, Toyo Open Country AT II , 275/65/20

See less See more
#7 ·
Don't do duratrac's they are too soft for a dually usage from my experience. 275/65/20 will fit well on your truck might have to go us a touch in the front.

#12 ·
So, I need to make a decision, just got tracking for rims and they're getting delivered Friday.

1. Keep Stock/Level, maybe with 2" drop shackles in the rear and run 275/65/20 All Terrains.

2. Cognito 4" Lift and 35x12.5x20 All Terrains.

#20 ·
Stock height with shackles

Nobody makes drop spindles and the way the suspension is setup these "drop keys" on the Internet are as legit as blinker fluid

And lift kits are overrated

Most people just buy them for the look....but even then they most likely grow out of it...indecisions and the urge to spend $$$ can make people make pointless purchases :eek:hno

That and they "hook, line, and sinker" when people tell them they need at least a 6" lift to fit 35s nono

#22 · (Edited)
I guess the original joke would have been as legit as exhaust fluid...but that seems to have become a reality. :rof

The more I think about, as cool as lifted trucks are, I think It looks cleaner at stock height.

I had 35's on 3 of my last trucks with nothing but cranked torsion bars, granted they were SRW.

:drink

#25 ·
Yes, its between the main springs and the overloads. Shitty pic, sorry but its dark and just started raining.

General consensus is the drop shackle with overloads left in place makes for a rougher ride. I think the 1" block solves that.

#33 ·
I never really bought into buying keys lol. My old body style trucks always got 8 or 9 turns on the t-bars, an extra leaf in the back (i had a spare leaf pack outta a 2500hd i butchered to add a leaf), and 35's was the norm til the shocks took a shit at which point bilstein 5100's were ordered and life was good!

:drink

#36 ·
SUBD!!!!!!!!!!

Ok its been almost an hour and they aren't on yet????? Those wheels are SICK

I noticed something missing from your list of parts......pm on the way....Heyyaa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.