Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Possibly the Greatest LBZ build thread EVER!

11K views 96 replies 16 participants last post by  turbotrenton 
#1 · (Edited)
Initial pictures are how it all began. Young fella getting his truck.

List of Build mods for the 2007 Classic. I do believe this is done now... I have posted a build thread for many topics related to this so this is mainly a summary. It was fun and will continue to be! This truck is so fun to drive its ridiculous!

This truck started as a cheap purchase from a auto dealer. It was before the Diesel Bubble we are experiencing. The trucks were 4-8K and were quite affordable then. After that.... I don't know what happened.... But anyways. LETS START WITH SOME FOG LIGHTS!!!!!

Aftermarket Fog Lights kit.

WARNING! YOU WILL SEE SOME HATE ON THIS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T REQUIRE A LOT OF FORUM ADVERTISERS PARTS! THEY WANT YOU TO BUY A BUNCH OF PARTS FROM THEM! THIS NEVER REQUIRED THAT! IT TOOK A POOR MAN WORK TRUCK AND MADE IT INTO A GREAT RIDE! THEY HATE THAT I KNOW ABOUT THESE TRUCKS AND KNOW ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT I NEED AND DO NOT NEED! If you want to taste their tears, give a bunch of thumbs up to the independent LBZ duramax that pretty much everyone has asked me about at fuel stops, and wanted to buy. Had 5 offers for this truck and 3 asked how it ran and if I liked it. Yes I love it! I would recommend you all buy new and I will show you the new in a bit!
"No its not for sale" Enjoy!

See less See more
#16 · (Edited)
Is this thread a joke? It should be cause I'm laughing my butt off :rofl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
The real tragedy here is how they let your ignorant self come back to this forum. You haven't changed a bit. You are just less blunt and sugar coat the crap you come up with. Everyone sees threw it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigRoller and toxic
#24 ·
The real tragedy here is how they let your ignorant self come back to this forum. You haven't changed a bit. You are just less blunt and sugar coat the crap you come up with. Everyone sees threw it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Hearing insults from you pretty much means I have gained merit. If your looking for ignorance look in a mirror.

#25 ·
Wow just a couple hrs and already more drama than daytime TV!

However I'm not a fan of daytime TV, nor is most of the guys on this site. So how about we get back to the truck talk huh?

#26 ·
Kev good looking truck. If your warranty gets up being in Canada you may like the insulation/sound deadening mod I did. Its time consuming but worth it if you have a keeper. If any of you know great methods of doing body work on a truck let me know. It is probably not worth it and I am not entering this in any truck shows. Its just a great driver and reliable!

#29 ·
nice project~
I used Dynamat on my last two classic car builds. that stuff is priceless.

Reactions: turbotrenton
#32 · (Edited)
Ok and here is the new! So get over it.... Eventually we all have to get parts for our trucks to make them less hassle or trouble free.... Enjoy!

This one has almost the same mpg. It can be idled in the garage and not make you nauseous. And it has great shocks already! In the future will be carefully evaluated and done. Im not going to make it into a money pit... Just improve the mpg, and eliminate regens and hassles.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.