06' LBZ vs. Ford Raptor - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Competition Discuss Drag Racing, Sled Pulling, and Dyno Event setup, technique, and results.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 01:57 AM   eBay Motors  #31 (permalink)
dat lly doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlegg21 View Post
One of my co workers has a crew cab craptor.... I have driven it a couple of times and it was surprisingly slow for surch a big motor.....

and not to mention it wouldn't pull a greased string out of a cats ass!!! It's pitiful with a trailer.
well they wernt made to race on the street or tow, try racing one off road in its element and see what happens, they get with it on dirt
Air Flow:finger vanes, ported turbine housing, BatMoWheel, losend unison ring, ported exhaust manifolds, gasket matched up-pipes
Exterior: Rear Reunel bumper, leveled tow mirrors, HIDs (all on mod), ADP tie-rod sleeves, green tinted headlamp housings
Interior: 2 12" memphis car audio subs, custom sealed box and 2000 watt memphis amp, LED interior, dash and door lights-green, cobalt autometer pyro and boost piller gauges
Best Time: 13.92 @ 95 mph 1.96 60 foot
Work In Progress: 1969 Chevy Nova, built turbo 350, 283ci small block est. 550hp with 7500 rpm redline, caltracs, 4.11 ford 9" rear end, dual 3"exhaust
chevylovinfordtech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 03:45 AM   eBay Motors  #32 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Exactly these are an Off Road truck, my buddy bought one after our last deployment and it would just bareley pull off on my stock tacoma 4.0, but when we took it back in the trails doin almost 70 hitting pot holes and such it felt like we were on a gravel road. the suspension is amazing i hate to see what my LBZ felt like on those roads doin 70 i usually do bout 15 headin back to the lake
Old 01-06-2013, 06:53 AM   eBay Motors  #33 (permalink)
JUST TROLLING AROUND
Lifetime Supporting Member

there is an asshole in town has 2 ford lightenings one fairly stock the other he says is built. I'L be nice and just say the both of them have been left in a thunder cloud hase!!!!!!!!!!! one at a time i took it easy on his stock one so he thought he would have a chance with the built one .
Old 01-06-2013, 07:08 AM   eBay Motors  #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie gillotti View Post
there is an asshole in town has 2 ford lightenings one fairly stock the other he says is built. I'L be nice and just say the both of them have been left in a thunder cloud hase!!!!!!!!!!! one at a time i took it easy on his stock one so he thought he would have a chance with the built one .
Hmm... bought a second lightning? He must be a glutton for punishment, I suspect he will be back for more....
Big-Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 08:09 AM   eBay Motors  #35 (permalink)

I've heard the lightning can be fast with the proper mods and tires......just like anything else. I have seen a couple lightnings at the track and I wasn't too impressed. One was running slicks and was still 1/2 a second slower than me. A Ford F150 Lightning was my first kill at the track and that was back when I was running mid 14s with just my EFI live and exhaust.

Sold: Wife's Truck: 06 ECLB LBZ LT 4X4: Transgo Jr, 5" Exhaust, EFI Live by Bobo, Sleeves, Pump Rub Fix, PPE race valve, PPE airbox mod, Cognito braces, Edge CTS, AD ll 165, Bilstein 5100s, MagHytec rear diff cover, Alligator PCV reroute, SDP EGR Delete
Dman777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 08:17 AM   eBay Motors  #36 (permalink)

One of my boss' just bought a Roush Raptor that's supercharged. He claims 695 horses and for it to be the fastest thing he's ever been in. So I am not sure if I'd try my hand at the one
Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 AM   eBay Motors  #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds10wyo View Post
One of my boss' just bought a Roush Raptor that's supercharged. He claims 695 horses and for it to be the fastest thing he's ever been in. So I am not sure if I'd try my hand at the one
Don't be scared!

Sold: Wife's Truck: 06 ECLB LBZ LT 4X4: Transgo Jr, 5" Exhaust, EFI Live by Bobo, Sleeves, Pump Rub Fix, PPE race valve, PPE airbox mod, Cognito braces, Edge CTS, AD ll 165, Bilstein 5100s, MagHytec rear diff cover, Alligator PCV reroute, SDP EGR Delete
Dman777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 AM   eBay Motors  #38 (permalink)
I STILL DGAF
Lifetime Supporting Member

The suspension is amazing in them there's no question. I still think they're worthless on and Offroad. Especially for the money.

07.5 CHEVROLET LT2 CCSB LMM 4WD|SOLD|LMM 'build' thread|LMM pics
Duraskank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 09:55 AM   eBay Motors  #39 (permalink)
dat lly doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds10wyo View Post
That claim is still over by 100hp but 590 is still a lot of power here's the roush raptor dyno pull

2011-2013 SVT Raptor 6.2L Supercharged Dyno Pull
Air Flow:finger vanes, ported turbine housing, BatMoWheel, losend unison ring, ported exhaust manifolds, gasket matched up-pipes
Exterior: Rear Reunel bumper, leveled tow mirrors, HIDs (all on mod), ADP tie-rod sleeves, green tinted headlamp housings
Interior: 2 12" memphis car audio subs, custom sealed box and 2000 watt memphis amp, LED interior, dash and door lights-green, cobalt autometer pyro and boost piller gauges
Best Time: 13.92 @ 95 mph 1.96 60 foot
Work In Progress: 1969 Chevy Nova, built turbo 350, 283ci small block est. 550hp with 7500 rpm redline, caltracs, 4.11 ford 9" rear end, dual 3"exhaust
chevylovinfordtech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 03:35 PM   eBay Motors  #40 (permalink)

Ford man: it's a roush raptor!
Me: oh that's cool what's it cost?
Ford man: msrp of $67,000
Me: huh!? What does it do!?
Ford man: it goes really fast on bumpy dirt roads!
Me: oh yeah? Have you taken it on any bumpy dirt roads. How did it do?
Ford man: are you kidding!? This is a $67k truck! I'm not taking it offroad!

Insert "scooby doo is confused" sound

Seriously you could buy a used pampered Ferrari for that and get waaaayyy more ass. Just sayn
Big-Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.