Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Diesel Power Challenge 2014

25K views 134 replies 39 participants last post by  'strokeThis_'07 
#1 ·
just wondering who has all entered in DPC2014
lets win next year with a TEAM DURAMAX

#2 ·
sub'd
I didn't even see who won last year. Powerstroke again?

#3 ·
Yes a powerstroke won

#5 ·
I entered also, just don't know what it takes to make top 30 and then get votes haha I don't have any sponsors... I'm on my own...

#6 ·
Ill vote for you if you get in! Kinda sucks that you have to have big sponsors and all that in order to really be able to compete. Not too many guys can go and do it on their own

#8 ·
You got my vote to, no need for another powerstroke to win...

#9 ·
What turbo are you running in the valley?? Take my advice, make it a VGT if you go.....

#10 ·
I run a hightech 66/71 non vgt I wanna change my turbos what do you request?

#11 ·
It would be nice to see a Dmax win hopefully some solid trucks get in.

#12 ·
I ran the same S366 66/71 .91 ar. Spools like shit at 6,000 ft.... The powerstroke that won ran a VGT, and was a damn good driver and had a very well put together rig... He had no trouble gettin lit. He might not have made as much power on the dyno, but the VG turbo sure payed off.... I now run a Danville 72 VGT in the valley instead of the 366. Its a completely different truck to drive, much more enjoyable. I dont care what any tuner tells you, theres not as much air at 6,000 ft as there is at sealevel.. They cant tune the atmosphere!!!!

#14 ·
Google diesel power challenge sign up sheet

#17 ·
No chance on stock motor trucks 600 hp truck up against 1200+. U do the math = us lil guys don't stand a slim chance in hell these guys bring spare every thing pistons ,injectors ,trans, fully built spare motors to cp3, turbos these guys also bring more nitrous then fast and furious could think about having

#19 ·
X2. I think te lowest number on the dyno was like a 700 maybe? And that was runnin on 5 cylinders with busted head gasket in a cummins I believe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#21 ·
Id like to enter for 2014 but I can't do anything until the machine shop gets my motor right. Hopefully I'll have it running by December. When is the last day for entry?

#22 ·
Tomorrow!

#23 ·
Dude not trying to be a dick it's not worth your time ...o and the winner last yer only got 500 buck. That didn't even pay for his fuel getting out there Think smart bud it's not even worth the bragging rights

#25 ·
Ya I know it doesn't have the biggest pot but it would be a fun event, and get to know some guys. It's not that far fore though. Lol.

#29 ·
I tore the entry form out of my magazine in hopes of "one day" entering... 12 second 1/4 mile on stock trans/turbo will be the extent of my goals for a while!! But go for it man!!!!

#30 ·
Ill vote for you bud, Ill prolly go back this next year to watch for a day just cause its such a good time. Had more fun than I ever had in 3 days. The powerstroke that won had a stock bottom end..... 6.4 are very string internal wise. Saw one make 1150 one day on stock bottom end, still on the road today...

#33 ·
The guy that did my heads told me he built two trucks that have won this(he was trying to impress me). Is this a big deal in the diesel community?

#35 ·
#37 ·
I don't think Dustin can enter since he's working for ATP, same thing happened last year with Andrew from Suncoast.

#43 ·
i think you can use whatever you want IIRC

no ive never used NOS. shit ive never even turned up the truck lol

i did just buy a NX kit tho so it will have a .028 jet in it next season when we got to high elev place like denver and if the chargers need a little help lighting.

#47 ·
I wish I could have truck finished in time to enter is all done now and I think it could compete well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.