Ford 6.7 w/ Twin Turbos? - Page 7 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Diesels Discussion of anything diesel powered. No Duramax.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 01:01 PM   eBay Motors  #61 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevylovinfordtech View Post
Tell ur buddy he's a moron that dosent know when to shut his mouth, the new tranny in the 6.7s are actually stronger then the allison...hard to belive I know...and the cab and chassis actually dosent have the new turbo setup like the 350s or 250s, it has a lower power rating and a single turbo
Yea my friend with a 6.4 ran the spartan 310? I believe and he beat the shit out of it and the tranny just finally let go.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
8 inch fabtech lift,36x15.50 baja mtz's,20x12 fuel nutz,reflexxion hood,rbp grille,s&b cai,recon smoked headlights,dsp5 by Kory Willis,mbrp 5 inch TB,mbrp dp,7" black chrome stack,PPE boost and pyro gauges,edge insight cts,bd blow off,egr delete,pcv re-route, alpine touch screen, 2 10" type r's SOLD

new truck- 2011 Denali lml, 6 inch fabtech lift, 22x12 american force rebel's, 35" terra grapplers, h&s mini max, banks cai, 5" exhaust, recon tails and 3rd brake light
polarisiq93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 01:07 PM   eBay Motors  #62 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Run our 6spd ally's or the ford's trans at 530-600hp and both of them will shit the bed. Not sure what the big deal is. The ford's trans is more expensive to build as well
my "build" thread
Raptor color match thread
ATP Trucks
lddrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 08:46 PM   eBay Motors  #63 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevylovinfordtech View Post
Tell ur buddy he's a moron that dosent know when to shut his mouth, the new tranny in the 6.7s are actually stronger then the allison...hard to belive I know...and the cab and chassis actually dosent have the new turbo setup like the 350s or 250s, it has a lower power rating and a single turbo
All the 6.7s have a single charger...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
5" DE, rerouted, debadged, demolded, air dog, stock fuel

Big thanks, Duramaxtuner.com & Kory Willis @ PPEI
TakeEm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 09:17 PM   eBay Motors  #64 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Do the 6.4's have a compound or parallel turbo setup and has anyone ever hear of k&n turbos? Reviews on them? Buddie has a 6.4 and has dumped 60k into his truck altogether with all his upgrades and repairs
Cknight199 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 09:26 PM   eBay Motors  #65 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeEm View Post
All the 6.7s have a single charger...

what i ment by single charger was single compressor wheel sorry i didnt word it right for you
Air Flow:finger vanes, ported turbine housing, BatMoWheel, losend unison ring, ported exhaust manifolds, gasket matched up-pipes
Exterior: Rear Reunel bumper, leveled tow mirrors, HIDs (all on mod), ADP tie-rod sleeves, green tinted headlamp housings
Interior: 2 12" memphis car audio subs, custom sealed box and 2000 watt memphis amp, LED interior, dash and door lights-green, cobalt autometer pyro and boost piller gauges
Best Time: 13.98 @ 93 mph 1.89 60 foot
Work In Progress: 1969 Chevy Nova, built turbo 350, 283ci small block est. 500hp with 7500 rpm redline, caltracs, 4.11 ford 9" rear end, dual 3"exhaust
chevylovinfordtech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 PM   eBay Motors  #66 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cknight199 View Post
Do the 6.4's have a compound or parallel turbo setup and has anyone ever hear of k&n turbos? Reviews on them? Buddie has a 6.4 and has dumped 60k into his truck altogether with all his upgrades and repairs
6.4 has a compound setup. Not too many diesels have a factory parallel setup...if any at all. Also i dont believe k&n has any turbo kits with there name on it. With 60k into his truck i would hope its minimum of 1300 horse fuel only.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:39 AM   eBay Motors  #67 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike diesel View Post
6.4 has a compound setup. Not too many diesels have a factory parallel setup...if any at all. Also i dont believe k&n has any turbo kits with there name on it. With 60k into his truck i would hope its minimum of 1300 horse fuel only.
When I was at Cat, we were testing a C15 with a true parallel setup. Split manifold with a turbo on front 3 cyl and rear 3 cyl. Talk about hard.

We were struggling to get EGR flow to work correctly. When the EGR valve was shut, we were fighting drive pressure, turbo speed and EGTs on the front section. We almost had to do it with a variable vane, which Cat doesn't use.

5" DE, rerouted, debadged, demolded, air dog, stock fuel

Big thanks, Duramaxtuner.com & Kory Willis @ PPEI
TakeEm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 09:05 AM   eBay Motors  #68 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike diesel View Post
Nope his truck would be lucky to make 600 horse... 60k includes truck purchase used... He has sunk it in a mud hole and wrecked his whole drivetrain haha... He claimed he has k&n turbos and I called bs... They're probably stock turbos with a k&n filter haha
Cknight199 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.