ford 6.7 problems - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Diesels Discussion of anything diesel powered. No Duramax.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 06:45 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
Meyer Performance

ford 6.7 problems

i had some time to blow at work and jumped on the ford online forum. it is a place where ford dealers can talk to each other. well there is a place for diesel techs to talk and there was a few post on there about some preproduction 2011 powerstrokes having problems already. one was it drank all the coolant and another was a no start issue. i just find it ammusing that this is supposed to be the future for ford and it is having problems already! oh well, i guess i can call it job security:rockin
The life of my truck
Pics of my truck
MBRP, Diamond Eye, EFI live by Kory, S&B, Autometer, DHD, Magnaflow, ProFab, Banks, Edge, Cognito, Fuel, Nitto

Thanks to Tyler @ www.MeyerPerformance.com 812-344-4421
lutzjk913 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2010, 06:48 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Save Water, Drink Beer
Supporting Member

It is amusing. I had a feeling that they would have problems.

Full Bore Exhaust Manifold compliments of BD Diesel.

1987 Corvette

Crazy Larry. Get it Here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?g3mtmmjogkz
Landscapeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010, 06:53 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

even funnier that ford didnt need govt money like gm, now tax payers paid $12000 for every gm vehicle bought.
drdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010, 06:58 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Meyer Performance

i knew it too! they should of stuck with navistar IMO! they proved theirselves with the 7.3, and the 6.0 and the 6.4 were both rushed into production! ford would rather pay their own engineers that somethimes i think have no idea what they are doing build a motor for their trucks!
The life of my truck
Pics of my truck
MBRP, Diamond Eye, EFI live by Kory, S&B, Autometer, DHD, Magnaflow, ProFab, Banks, Edge, Cognito, Fuel, Nitto

Old 02-24-2010, 07:02 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

It depends what the issues really are.... all first Gens have problems, look at the 6.0 03 04 and 05 had bad problems, by 06 and 07 those problems werent nearly as common, just give them time to stamp out the problems and dont plan on buying a 6.7 for 2 or 3 years

It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a women's separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation.
Jonsey181 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010, 07:10 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Meyer Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey181 View Post
It depends what the issues really are.... all first Gens have problems, look at the 6.0 03 04 and 05 had bad problems, by 06 and 07 those problems werent nearly as common, just give them time to stamp out the problems and dont plan on buying a 6.7 for 2 or 3 years
agreed!!!!! they did not give the 6.4 enough time IMO!! what cracks me up is supposadly ford has been working on this motor for a while! we are actually starting to see more06 and 07's at work with head gasket, turbo and MAJOR injector issues!!!! i think we sold 50 or 60 6.0 injectors last month alone! we dont see too many older 6.0's bc they are out of warranty.
The life of my truck
Pics of my truck

Old 02-24-2010, 07:14 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

It's a FORD! When I was a mechanic we worked on mainly Fords and Chevys and Fords were the ones that kept the food on the table!! lol
Old 02-24-2010, 08:42 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

yea my buddies got a 07 within a year or two of owning it, he studded it and deleted the EGR, the studs werent needed yet but he got it out of the way, Its expensive but once its done those trucks dont have so many problems IMO

It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a women's separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation.
Jonsey181 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010, 08:52 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

id say the 6.4 is a great engine, 600rwhp on an exhaust and tuner and STOCK trans going strong for 60k so far!? where do you see a problem? the 6L were rushed but stud and delete egr and get over it, those are still great engines they just need a little tlc then they are good to go. atleast they arent owned by the government and use engines from a Japanese company, they are finally building their own. seems to me when chevrolet tried to build their own diesel it couldnt keep a head on it to save their lives.

I think both companies are great and i drive trucks from both sides but why do we always all have to bash the opposing one?! they all have their problems

ps. 2 problems?? out of the 1000's of trucks... they arent even realeased yet and those were PRE production models, so a few sick ones are to be expected.

Last edited by Coalroller68; 02-24-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Coalroller68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010, 08:56 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

the 6.7L isnt in production yet... you cant buy it... the ones on the road are out there for testing only... they want to weed out as many problems as they can before it goes full production... dont count that motor out yet... when it goes full production, these issues shouldnt be issues anymore...
AKA Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.