Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Max's - 1998 Body Dropped Chevy 12 Valve - Build Thread

16K views 79 replies 26 participants last post by  jwcgmc1985 
#1 · (Edited)
Max's - 1998 Body Dropped 12 Valve Chevy - Build Thread

Hey everyone,

You guys know the routine,

My cousin and I went and picked him up a 12 valve today for his 98 Silverado build he's about to start back up, and it's only right i start a new thread :)

Stick around for updates

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire

Vehicle Engine Car Auto part Automotive engine part

Engine Auto part Automotive engine part Motor vehicle Vehicle

Motor vehicle Engine Auto part Vehicle Automotive engine part

See less See more
#13 ·
So when we worked on getting it started where it was bought this one lonely wire needed 12v attached to it to start sooooo I might as well ditch the rest
Auto part Automotive fuel system Fuel line Engine Metal

Engine Auto part Automotive engine part Vehicle

So I cut it at the bundle.

It has to be an early version of a FSS *(which we deleted on mine), so he will probably keep it since it appears to be integrated into the pump
Auto part Engine Automotive fuel system Fuel line Vehicle

And ditched the rest
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive exterior

#14 · (Edited)
Then I removed the water separator, because it appears I'll be plugging both the inlet and outlet ports to the separator housing which sucks since the newer 12 valves have a removable filter head Downerrr

I need to do more research and see how a FASS will hook to the feed line to the pump

Pump return is up against the block

Floor Steel Metal Pipe

Pump return and injector return T

This will have a compression fitting installed when he gets his FASS, from Lyle @ BamaOffRoad :)

Auto part

Next will be breaking the crank pulley off and pulling the timing cover off to see if the dowel pin is still there and if so knock it back in and put a tab and install new seals

New oil pan gasket and valve cover gaskets will be ordered

I want to remove the AC compressor but it's helping to hold the motor straight since it's resting on a wheel

But once the gaskets get replaced and the KDP is figured out we will fill it with new oil and fire it up

#21 · (Edited)
I'll have to get back to you on that one Joe

It's a 98 single cab that's been body dropped to the doors with a chop top. Fleetside bed, no hood, exhaust running inside the cab, 20s and 22s or 22s and 24s, frame built from the firewall back

Not rusted out like mine but not going out of the way to make it pretty

It's a pewter color

Just for starters...

#22 ·
I'll have to get back to you on that one Joe

It's a 98 single cab that's been body dropped to the doors with a chop top. Fleets side bed, no hood, exhaust running inside the cab, 20s and 22s or 22s and 24s, frame built from the firewall back

Not rusted out like mine but not going out of the way to make it pretty

It's a pewter color

Just for starters...
Nice. Any idea on the time frame to finish it?

#28 ·
Don't know how I missed this one but I'm in dub

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.