06 lly fuel rail pressure sensor problems - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
DIY and Tech discussion discussion of the DIY threads go here!

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 01:58 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Angry 06 lly fuel rail pressure sensor problems

I have a 06 lly duramax with 6 gun banks tuner with pda read out, 5 inch dimond eye exgaust, 6 inch lift, 35 by 12.50 tires and banks cold air intake. My dad started my truck and it sounded different. I wasnt there so i dont know exactly what was different. The check engine light came on and it said low fuel rail pressure and was in limp mode. It wouldnt go over 2000 rpm and got worse. It might of happened before but i didnt know because i didnt have the pda to check it. He shut it off and cleared the code and no more problem what could it be any ideas?

Last edited by rayrenner4; 01-17-2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: for got to add some stuff
rayrenner4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2011, 05:52 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

All it is that you have a low fuel pressure reading in your fuel rail. All you have to do is put a shim kit in it, which the kit cost like 12 bucks... If that doesnt solve the problem, then you probebly have to buy a lift pump
chanwagey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2011, 06:08 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

how old is the fuel filter? worth changing if it has been some time since the change.
efi-tuned by idahorob, egr blocked, pcv rerouted, lift pump, kodiac mp,autometer sportcomp gauges, turbo dp, 4" ss magna flow exhaust straight piped, firestone ab, kool-vue towing mirrors, 5th wheel hitch with slider, gooseneck hitch.
305 MT ATZ's on eagle alloy 17x10
jbrown1132@yahoo.com
alligatorperformance.com
atptrucks.com
Truck is sold....
jbrown1132 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2011, 08:14 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

I am having the same problem but with a stock 07 LBZ. It likes to do this when i tow and decide to pull a hill in 5th. even with a brand new filter it will do it like clock work. Did the shim kit work?
gearhartfarms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2011, 06:40 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

You can do the shim kit, but it's better/more reliable IMHO to just install the PPE race FPRV and a lift pump instead.
If you are losing rail pressure from leakage these two will fix your issue.

I'd also suggest something like an Edge CTS where you can monitor demand vs actual fuel rail pressure to see if that is your issue.
2005 Silverado EC/SB, LLY, 4WD, EFI DSP5 V2 (Idaho Rob at ATP), Edge CTS w/ EGT probe, LML Exhaust Manifold, PPE shimmed FPRV, Banks LBZ air cleaner, Profab intake, LBZ Turbo Mouthpiece, Kennedy twin lift pumps w/ megafilter, Corsa 304 SS Exhaust, Mike L tranny cooler, EXAXT Steering System, Redhead Power Steering Box w/ Amsoil PS fluid, Green Torsion Keys, Allison Deep Pan w/ Suncoast Filterlock and Transynd ATF, Bilstein 5100's (Norcal), Cognito UCA's, 17" NBS alloy rims, 265/70R17 Michelin LTX M/S2's, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT, CubbyCam Backup Camera, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, Alphatherm AT-38OD Washer Fluid Heater

Last edited by MTL_Dmax; 06-17-2011 at 07:03 PM.
MTL_Dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2011, 06:52 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Vanned this place

STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

THE SHIM KIT IS NOT A CURE ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE READ WAYYYYYYYYYYY TOOOOOOO MANY post saying shim it. and then it doesnt fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop stop stop

I'm STILL on my stock, unmolested FPRV

STOP IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockin

TheStepChild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2011, 07:00 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

go the route im going and get a lift pump. when i cranck my edge up to hot it drains the fuel rail. i dont get any codes but u can feel it startting to studder and carry on.
5 inch downpipe back with a 3 inch downpipe, efi live, ultralite II gauges, custom 5 inch intake, stage 5 trans build, high flow y bridge, egr delete, ported fuel rail fitting/plug, pump rub kit, lml manifold, intercooler pipe, lotsa white powdercoat, airdog 165 factory fuel filter deleted, tierod sleeves, idler and pitman arm supports, cervinies cowl induction hood, 20x10 eagle alloys, 37 12.50 20 nitto trail grapplers,rough country lift, all leather interior with camo seatcovers, halo headlights, alpine doubledin.
drzsz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2011, 07:02 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
Vanned this place

here's what cured my 0087s

Dealer fixed my LBZ 0087 - Duramax Diesels Forum

and the fuel line fix
TheStepChild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011, 05:21 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
KC7

i have got a buddy with an 06 dmax thats doing the same thing....what was the problem and how did you fix it....we just ordered a new fuel pressure regulator and we just put on a airdog 150 system on it which helped for a while but the truck now still wont go above 1900rpm help please
KC7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2013, 07:46 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

I have a customer that has the same problem. he is getting a p1093 code. he put in a new regulator on the rail first. then I put shims in the new regulator. Then I put an air dog on it and it still wont pull a heavy load especially when going over a steep grade with out pulling that code. I am thinking of putting in the race valve.
jcarrillo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.