ooops.. wrong gears - Page 8 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Drivetrain Discussion on gearing, CV joints, driveshafts, axles, brakes, etc.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 04:07 PM   eBay Motors  #71 (permalink)

you are correct sir, 6.6 diesel will not come with a 4.10 axle.......the 3.73 is stronger and i guess they need to up hold the 100K warrenty
6.6 LML,flo pro 4"exhaust, DPF&EGR delete, H&S mini max, Fast 150 platinum fuel pump, intake resonator delete, s&b intake, LPW diff cover, 4.56 yukon gears, fts 10" lift w/resi shocks, forged keys, coginto UCA and pitman idler brace, power boards, 24X14 shift SS, 38X13.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers, sundown audio SA10's
tcr0148 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 PM   eBay Motors  #72 (permalink)

GT5 : AXLE REAR, 4.10 RATIO is only a gas option not diesel!
6.6 LML,flo pro 4"exhaust, DPF&EGR delete, H&S mini max, Fast 150 platinum fuel pump, intake resonator delete, s&b intake, LPW diff cover, 4.56 yukon gears, fts 10" lift w/resi shocks, forged keys, coginto UCA and pitman idler brace, power boards, 24X14 shift SS, 38X13.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers, sundown audio SA10's
tcr0148 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 04:13 PM   eBay Motors  #73 (permalink)
Wide open in neutral
Lifetime Supporting Member

I know a guy that ordered an 02' CC/SB HD gasser for towing is horse trailer, wanted 4.56's, he had to wait for the truck to come in and then have them dealer installed. Then decided it was a turd still so my buddy (his son) ended up with it and he bought a 03' duramax.

"The Blessed Hellride"-08' GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB, 12,000 miles!
Engine-EFI Live, blocked, re routed, air box mod, 3" downpipe, raptor 100 lift pump, amsoil
Trans- Transgo jr. and deep pan
Exhaust- 4" MBRP straight pipe, 5" RBP tip
Suspension- leveled, PAC Brake air bags
Other- Fab fours winch bumper, large fender mod, 17x9 Fuel kranks, 35" Cooper STT's, limo tint, 100 gal. Fuel tank, tool box.
WVRigRat08 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 06:11 PM   eBay Motors  #74 (permalink)
DF Sponsors
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to me GMC View Post
Im not disputing that they cant be ordered, im disputing that 10 years ago i dont believe that was the case.
its been that way since 2001, when the duramax first came out.....

-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

Specializing in a wide range of custom electronics and great gadgets for your 2001+ GM full size truck/SUV

Allison torque converter lockup controllers, Allison Tap-Shift kits, digital DSP-5 switches, affordable injector harness repair kits, and much more!

Check out our online store at www.btdieselworks.com and use promo code DMAXFORUM for 5% off all orders!

307.200.9255 - btdieselworks@gmail.com - Be sure to "like" us on Facebook!
duratothemax is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 06:13 PM   eBay Motors  #75 (permalink)
DF Sponsors
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcr0148 View Post
but you are correct, they will not but 4.10 gearing any longer in our truck.......I think since like 2007
"not any longer"???? THEY NEVER DID!!!!!!!! omfg

-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

Specializing in a wide range of custom electronics and great gadgets for your 2001+ GM full size truck/SUV

Allison torque converter lockup controllers, Allison Tap-Shift kits, digital DSP-5 switches, affordable injector harness repair kits, and much more!

Check out our online store at www.btdieselworks.com and use promo code DMAXFORUM for 5% off all orders!

Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 PM   eBay Motors  #76 (permalink)
DF Sponsors
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcr0148 View Post
You can still go to a dealer and get a build sheet and spec a vehicle to your liking within certain perameters.
yeah, but the restrictions are VERY tight. There is very little freedom as to what options you can get with other options....yes.....even with these "CUSTOM ORDER" trucks. You are very limited. For exampl, no matter how hard you plead, who you know, or how much you pay...you cant get heated seats in a regular cab, you cant get bose with a bench seat, you cant get heated seats with cloth, you cant get plow prep package on a crew cab diesel (pre-2011), you cant get nav in a regular cab, you cant get vinyl flooring on the up-level trucks, you cant get floor-shift 4x4 on the top-level trucks (only exception to this was some very rare 2001-2002 gmc's you could get floor-shift 4x4 on the SLT trucks, but since 2003, the option restrictions have become even tighter due to cost-savings), you cant get a bench seat on a top-level LTZ/LT3/SLT truck, and................YOU CANT GET 4.10's WITH A DURAMAX.

^ all of that above has always been true. Like I said....even when you "special order" a truck and pick and choose your options, you are very limited as to what you can pick and choose within a certain general trim level.

It is NOT like the old days when you could LITERALLY pick and choose whatever you wanted, regardless of anything else.

ben

-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

Last edited by duratothemax; 01-23-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:21 PM   eBay Motors  #77 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Lets agree to disagree, this is turning in to a stupid argument.. Off topic anyways, if someone can help the op then do it,.
auto meter boost/pyro/trans gauges- traction bars- 5'' DE 5" to 7" black mitre cut stack- PPE BIV- AD II 200 lift pump- edge insight CTS- spectre CAI- 45% over injectors- LMM cp3 & FPR -EFI live dsp5 from tony burkhard and danville performance
suncoast stage 4 trans, goerend "ML style" triple disc billet converter
Passin' 35psi on stock IHI with 290k on it
boostnlb7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 PM   eBay Motors  #78 (permalink)
DF Sponsors
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to me GMC View Post
Your wound right tight. Hopefully ill dig one up sooner rather than later, if i can find one.
Im wound tight because theres is nothing more than irritates the shit out of me is when idiots spread misinformation on forums. Its totally detrimental to the whole point of the forums (to provide a database/encyclopedia/wealth of CORRECT information so people can come and find the CORRECT answers to questions they might have regarding their truck). So when you go posting ridiculous un-true claims like "you can get 4.10's with a duramax", it totally soils up the forums with misinformation, then other people read it, and they take it as the gospel "because it was on the forums, so it MUST BE TRUE", and then they go and tell all their buddies "HEY you can get 4.10's on a duramax!!" and then their buddies tell their buddies.....and before long, you've got a million people going around making ridiculous untrue claims.....and no one knows who to believe.

I dont know how many times I have to explain this. People say Im all up tight and im an asshole. Its because I care about helping people and I want to help people get THE CORRECT ANSWERS and CORRECT INFO about their trucks. Nobody gets anywhere and nobody helps the community by spreading bullshit. I dont know how you people cant understand that and see where im coming from when I get frustrated on the forums here. Im not just an asshole "because I like being an asshole". Anyone who actually knows me will tell you that is the complete opposite of what Im like. OK so now you say "oh well you're nice in real life, but you can hide behind the keyboard and be an asshole???". NO thats not true either. If Im nice and back down after someone says something WRONG, then they dont learn that they are wrong!!! The only way I can get everyone to learn correct answers to shit and get them to listen to me is for me to be an asshole and persistently argue with them until they realize they are wrong and admit their mistake..........!!!!!!!!!!!!

ben

-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

Old 01-23-2013, 06:34 PM   eBay Motors  #79 (permalink)
DF Sponsors
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostnlb7 View Post
Lets agree to disagree, this is turning in to a stupid argument.. Off topic anyways, if someone can help the op then do it,.
no!!!! Im not going to agree to disagree! You're wrong! Admit it so people dont read this thread and go around telling others that "duramax w/ 4.10's exists". That ruins the point of forums and craps them up with misinformation.

$500 is a lot of money! Wouldnt you love to have $500? Find me a duramax pickup with factory 4.10's! Cant be that hard, you say they exist, no????

-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

Old 01-23-2013, 06:43 PM   eBay Motors  #80 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

500 isnt shit.. Def not worth me sweating it.. Its not a big deal to me.. So to put a smile on your angry face ill say it "your 100% correct".. Happy now? Your taking this a little to far and getting a little wound up over something thats really not that big of a deal. I could sit here and argue with u all night nut like i said im not gonna argue over it.. So we get your point your right..
auto meter boost/pyro/trans gauges- traction bars- 5'' DE 5" to 7" black mitre cut stack- PPE BIV- AD II 200 lift pump- edge insight CTS- spectre CAI- 45% over injectors- LMM cp3 & FPR -EFI live dsp5 from tony burkhard and danville performance
suncoast stage 4 trans, goerend "ML style" triple disc billet converter
Passin' 35psi on stock IHI with 290k on it
boostnlb7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.