Duramax swap future project - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Duramax Engine Swaps If you have installed a Duramax in anything it was not designed for, Post it here.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 09:51 AM   eBay Motors  #21 (permalink)

Just curious but why not the NV5600? It's a six speed with a granny and a double OD. Came in some of the cummins so it should hold up to some torque but no idea if it would mate up.
'07 Classic LT CCSB, Idaho Rob EFI Live , CTS Insight, 3" Diamond Eye down pipe, 5" straight exhaust, 7" Black tip, shimmed and ported, Banks intake with duct under bumper, blocked, AD2 165, BMF Novakanes 18X9 with BFG A/T 285/65, Access Top low profile, Trans go Jr, ATP tranny lines, CAT filters, torklift camper tie downs. Thanks to Cam at Adrenaline and ATP.
07IDClassic is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 10:24 AM   eBay Motors  #22 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_A View Post
Im thinking of buying it off of car-part.com, call the salvage yard listed and have them email pictures and a video of it running. I found one with 47000 miles for 4950 is that a decent price?
Thats tough, i think its worth the money, but you can probably by a running wreck for the same money and sell off the parts to recoup some dollars and have some extra wiring and pieces for the swap.
01 GMC 2500hd ecsb Dmax/Alli. 4" exhaust to 5" single stack,EDGE Insight CTS, EFI Live Moonshine tuned, Suncoast stage IV, Complete Kryptonite front end with PISK , 305/55/R20 Cooper Zeon's on Rockstars. Eaton E-locker. So cal stage I heads, and a little bit of laughing gas.

07 LMM LTZ CCSB. S475 over stock compounds, 40% over dipper sticks, Suncoast tranny by Freedom Diesel, Air Dog, ATP tuned.
New to me GMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 10:25 AM   eBay Motors  #23 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07IDClassic View Post
Just curious but why not the NV5600? It's a six speed with a granny and a double OD. Came in some of the cummins so it should hold up to some torque but no idea if it would mate up.
If im thinking right, a 5600 has and integral bell housing and would be difficult to mate up to a Dmax.
01 GMC 2500hd ecsb Dmax/Alli. 4" exhaust to 5" single stack,EDGE Insight CTS, EFI Live Moonshine tuned, Suncoast stage IV, Complete Kryptonite front end with PISK , 305/55/R20 Cooper Zeon's on Rockstars. Eaton E-locker. So cal stage I heads, and a little bit of laughing gas.

07 LMM LTZ CCSB. S475 over stock compounds, 40% over dipper sticks, Suncoast tranny by Freedom Diesel, Air Dog, ATP tuned.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:39 AM   eBay Motors  #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to me GMC View Post
If im thinking right, a 5600 has and integral bell housing and would be difficult to mate up to a Dmax.
I did not realize that part but did see that Dynatrac is working with a couple different companies on coming out with adapters for different engines. I was also wrong with the double OD just 6th is OD with that one and 5th is 1:1.
'07 Classic LT CCSB, Idaho Rob EFI Live , CTS Insight, 3" Diamond Eye down pipe, 5" straight exhaust, 7" Black tip, shimmed and ported, Banks intake with duct under bumper, blocked, AD2 165, BMF Novakanes 18X9 with BFG A/T 285/65, Access Top low profile, Trans go Jr, ATP tranny lines, CAT filters, torklift camper tie downs. Thanks to Cam at Adrenaline and ATP.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:42 AM   eBay Motors  #25 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07IDClassic View Post
I did not realize that part but did see that Dynatrac is working with a couple different companies on coming out with adapters for different engines. I was also wrong with the double OD just 6th is OD with that one and 5th is 1:1.
Cummins guys making serious horse also seem to prefer the 4500 to the 5600 and the general consensus is the 4500 is stronger.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 AM   eBay Motors  #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Cummins guys making serious horse also seem to prefer the 4500 to the 5600 and the general consensus is the 4500 is stronger.
Is it stronger or are there more after market parts for the 4500? The 5600hd torque specs are 650. I swapped a 5600 into a lifted truck with a built 383 in front of it and really liked it. I was just curious about the 5600. After having that though and having a duramax with an Allison I would choose the Allison.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:18 AM   eBay Motors  #27 (permalink)
DF Sponsors
Supporting Member

I would be careful with the NP205....

-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

Specializing in a wide range of custom electronics and great gadgets for your 2001+ GM full size truck/SUV

Allison torque converter lockup controllers, Allison Tap-Shift kits, digital DSP-5 switches, affordable injector harness repair kits, and much more!

Check out our online store at www.btdieselworks.com and use promo code DMAXFORUM for 5% off all orders!

307.200.9255 - btdieselworks@gmail.com - Be sure to "like" us on Facebook!
duratothemax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 12:13 PM   eBay Motors  #28 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duratothemax View Post

Normally i would agree, with a 400hp goal, running it in a double case setup, and what hes going to do with it, it should be just fine.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:40 PM   eBay Motors  #29 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Thats tough, i think its worth the money, but you can probably by a running wreck for the same money and sell off the parts to recoup some dollars and have some extra wiring and pieces for the swap.
Alright I'll check that out, if I can find a cheap wreck I'll do that but if not then I'll go with just the engine. Parting out the wreck is a good idea I could get some decent money off of it. What website would you recommend? I don't see them too often on ebay but I'll check some more.
Brian_A is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 02:41 PM   eBay Motors  #30 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by duratothemax View Post
Why would you say that? I've never heard really any problems with them.
Brian_A is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.