Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

air force cross training

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mrmanners 
#1 ·
hey guys, right now i am a a c5 crew chief and next june i am officially in my window to cross train. and even though we have a pretty good resigning bonus i don't like my job, or squadron enough to wanna do it for 20 years(18 more i was a 4 year enlistee :) ) so right now i am dead set on trying to make it as a loadmaster, that would absolutely make me happy. traveling, and making a difference. so i was curious if any of the loadmasters on here(if there even is any) could tell me a little bit more about the job, and training. i know that they are responsible for loading the plane, getting weight calculations, having to know the egress points, briefing passengers in the manner of a flight attendant. but just curious on the actual details and training....thanks guys!

#2 ·
Chad, before you jump into a bag and become a loadmaster, check out the Command Post. I am a functional manager for that career field in AFRC. Better than a loadmaster who is on the receiving end of a tasking, a Command Post gets that tasking from TACC and gets it out to the wing/unit. It falls into the Emergency Management category in the civilian world with a lot of our controllers being picked up by just about every Fed agency with a command center or response center.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.