Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

McConnell AF Base

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Dan1969 
#1 ·
As the title says, anyone stationed in McConnell? I'm Army and planning on going recruiting in Wichita. Wondering if there's a self help center for working on your vehicles there.

#2 ·
I believe there is, I know a couple people that have been stationed there I could ask. My wife goes out there couple times a week for work.

#3 ·
Cool, right now my report date is not until the end of the year but it would be nice. Also do you by any chance know the requirements on KS as far as emissions? are they as strict as California or loose like Oklahoma?

#5 · (Edited)
I was stationed at MAFB for 4 years. They have a nice garage there. IIRC, it's at least 6 bays. Very well maintained, good tools and clean. They also have a paint booth, and access to a MIG welder. That's where I welded my glasspacks on my '86 GMC. I used that garage quite a bit for oil changes and other things. I'm in KS probably twice a year nowadays.

smokinarrow, I lived in Derby for most of my stay in KS. We were just there recently. Still have a lot of family in that area.

#6 ·
I talk to McConnell whenever I fly over, does that count lol. Good luck with the pcs

#7 ·
Tanker guy? :drink

#8 ·
Nah, AWACS :thumb

#9 ·
After I asked, I thought about AWACS. Always knew when you guys were in town.

#10 ·
AWACS guys! I was in Kadena from 07 to 09, worked in the Army radars there, the AWACS guys do the same thing we do, but in the AF version haha. I'll find you smokinarrow, going there on April to leave my truck with the wife, then after probably won't be until the PCS move.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.