Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Amount of time deployed/TDY - Any service

12K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  quiksilverz71 
#1 · (Edited)
The Air Force has a website called Tempo Tracker, that keeps count of all your TDYs and deployments. It shows the dates you were gone, basic description of what it was, and just in case you need it, your CID Order #'s. For any of you old salts, it didn't go live until 1999-2000, so any trips before that aren't listed. For you AF guys that didn't know Tempo Tracker exists, you can find it on the AFPC Secure Applications website. Log onto the Portal with your CAC, click on the AFPC Secure Applications link on the left, after clicking ok on the IS warning message the screen should pop up with several links to all of those apps such as AMS, Perstempo, VMPF, etc. You will find Tempo Tracker on that web page.
I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of time people have spent "out on the road". Post or exclude any info you would like, such as locations (if not classified), career field (please use job title, not everyone has all of the AFSC's/MOS's memorized), and anything else you care to add.

So a couple weeks ago I tallied up all my TDY's and deployments. Since my first TDY in 2000, I have been gone for around 1200 days. At least 1100 of those have been since my first trip to Iraq in May 2005. And if I counted this 15 month unaccompanied remote, which is technically a PCS not deployment, I would be around 1650. So I've been gone about 4 and a half years.
I get home in 2 months and have no plans to volunteer for a TDY/deployment for quite a while. My career field is Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE). Most of my time deployed came while I was in a combat comm squadron.

See less See more
#3 ·
Married with kids. My wife grew up as the military brat of a C-130 electrician that was gone more than I am, so she's used to the father figure being gone. It's just different for her as the mother figure instead of being the kid. My oldest kid has been around since my first TDY. She's gotten used to it, and she just became a teenager so she doesn't care if I'm around anyways. lol

#4 · (Edited)
Cool site, I've never seen that before. I'm at 1403 days including a year in Korea and I'm just 3 weeks into this 6 month deployment. So after this should be around 1583 days, damn thats alot of time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.