Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Veteran Only club

37K views 324 replies 82 participants last post by  Sig 
#1 ·
Would you guys be interested in a Veteran only Duramax club?

#3 ·
Awesome, man.

I am going to wait for at least 10 Vets before I start going through the process to start the club. What do you think?

#6 ·
Bring them in, man.

Once I get enough guys, then I can put all the details together.

Free :drink ... Hmmm. I would imagine if there was a together anytime down the road that free beer could be arranged.

#7 ·
This type of club would require proof of being a Veteran. I'm not sure how to go about doing that except for a letter from your commander or a copy of the DD-214. I am a man of accountablity and I don't want anyone posing to be a vet, just to get some kind of recognition.

Can we all agree on this? Supplying proof would make it fair for all...

#9 ·
i'm down. don't have my DD-214 yet, 3 more months left! :drink

#10 ·
I was waiting for someone like you to come along.

You must be really ignorant...:rof

You are comparing the race of people with a Veteran only Duramax Club!??

It's an idea formed by a veteran to support our troops and our veterans across the country. I spent 4 years in the Navy serving overseas and I spent the last 5 years in Iraq with Blackwater Aviation and I am currently in my second month in Afghanistan with them...I am going to support our troops and vets every way I can.

If this is a small way I can do that, then I am going to do it.

Why would you make racial comments like that? I am curious how uneducated and disrespectful I would have to be in order to reach your level. Please don't leave any more comments. Thanks.

#11 ·
Now is this an only served only seas type veteran thing or the actual meaning of veteran....one who served with an honorable discharge! Cause wasnt my fault they never sent me anywhere and I tried THREE DAMN TIMES! Cause I know there are some wahoos on here who think they are better cause they went over "There" three times......but in Cherry Point NC the Marine Corps. band was stationed in my barracks and they went over and pretended to shoot stuff with trumpets and made noise with their drums for sound effects!

#15 ·
That's awesome, man.

This really isn't that difficult of a thing to put together. I am just looking for some good guys that can bullshit and hangout and talk about trucks without any arguing and one sided statements.

I would want all of the guys associated to have some input on supporting our guys and gals overseas. That's really all I care about.

#13 ·
Hey Seth...

Yes.

To me, a (military) Veteran is anyone who has ever served active duty time in the military. Any and all who have served active duty time, whether you're currently active or honorably discharged (disabled included), is considered a Veteran.

I know the people you're talking about who have spent a lot of time overseas and the attitudes associated with it. There is a level of pride that comes with serving outside our borders, but those people would be considered Veterans of Foreign Wars. This is where the VFW came from; was to serve those who fought in active duty in a foreign war.

All Veterans are welcome, of course. This is not just a club for Veterans, it's a club to help support those Veterans still actively enganged overseas.

Hopefully this answers your question.

#14 ·
Sweet...yea didnt mean it to come off that way, but before everyone starts butting heads on who has the biggest dog figured that might clarify it! Thanks and even those guys I support!

#16 ·
Hey twinturbo3150...!

You in, man? You've got a badass truck and would love to add you to the list.
:drink

#17 ·
chevymitchell, you said you're in your second month in afghanistan right now, where you at specifically?

#20 ·
How did the Haiti crisis go?

#19 ·
I am in Bagram right now.

Are you in Afghan?

#21 ·
0311!

I see you're out of K-Bay. :rockin

That's awesome, man. I was stationed at K-Bay. I was there from 99 to 03 with VP-9. We were in Masirah when 9/11 happened, moved to Oman and Bahrain shortly after that. Then we headed to Japan and South Korea in 2002. I enjoyed my time there. It was a blast.

#22 ·
I will be in a few years. I know its not as bad ass as you guys but I'm headed for the Merchant Marines.

#26 ·
It's not about being badass, man.

The Merchant Marines have served in every war starting with June 12th, 1775. You're going to have to look that one up. I am pretty sure I am right. I know they serve as an aux unit for the Navy and have served actively in every war since 1775.

I would consider you a Veteran once you have served your time, but a Merchant Marine recieves benefits under the VA just like any other Veteran.

To be fair though, you wouldn't be able to come aboard until you have reached your Veteran status, but we would love to have ya.

Besides, the club is more for supporting our guys rather than seperating those who have and have not reached that Veteran status.

T-shirts and stickers and things like that will only be sent out to those who meet the Veteran criteria is all. Keep in touch, man. :D

#24 ·
chevymitchell- that's crazy man! yeah i'm with 2/3 out of Hawaii. went to Karma Iraq, then went to Helmand Province last year, and now i'm stuck working in a DynCorp training camp in Konduz as we speak...

Small world dude

#28 ·
Very small...hell, you're only a short hop from here.

#27 ·
Speaking of T-shirts and things like that...we should collectively come up with some names and vote.

I will write them all down and collect them for 7 days. Next Wednesday, I will put a poll together in the forum and then we can vote.

Sound fair?

#31 ·
Any kind of structure like that would really cause some problems.

Plus, I didn't want to start something like this to have it go that deep. I think being equal will allow us to have better input and make this idea work a lot better. :drink

#34 ·
Yes it does...

The Army and Air Force seem to call every rank above E-4 a Sgt of some kind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.