Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

exercise exercise

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  05Duramax07 
#1 ·
obviously if you're in the military at some point you've been involved in a base "exercise", right now we're going thru one...yay lol just wanted to see if anyone else on here was goign thru one right now

12hour shifts wouldn't be so bad if i could do something other than sit around(broken foot on "profile")

#2 ·
Damn walk and wounded....poor guy lol

#3 ·
I posted on you other thread about my plate in screws in my ankle from my dirtbike wreck, well 2 months into my italy deployment they decided i needed another surgery when we got back so they put on LLD and wrote "no work on planes" so i sat on my ass 12 hours a night for 4 more months collecting $50 a day per diem on top of my regular pay.

#5 ·
yeah i remember thinking damn when i read that lol, i aint gettin per diem, i'm a dorm guy right now. but i wish i was out there working on c5's instead of looking for trash to take out lol

#4 ·
it kinda sucks but no pt test for me lol all they gotta do is measure my waist, this is the 4th exercise i believe we've had this year, gotta love travis

#16 ·
Ya, ive been waived from the last 3 PRT's, lol

#6 ·
We are going through an exercise too...but they are really lame here at eielson since we have a training mission....not complaining, but it is a waste of time for most of us.

One exercise I sat in the terminal waiting to get on my imaginary plane for 8 hours total. They delayed the imaginary plane and then we had an EME (simulated aircraft accident)during all of this.

#7 ·
mhm they have that here, and bag drags, sometimes theyll put you on a plane but thats rare i think

#8 ·
My first 5 years in the military I never play processed...if I was at the terminal I was going somewhere. I understand that people need training (terminal people) but they didnt have to hold everyone there for 8 hours...we werent being trained for anything...just sitting around.

I miss the good old days when they actually played good...shoot the exercises in korea were pretty good...at least the whole base played and you only had to work for 12 hours. :rolleyes:

#10 ·
Pretty funny, but I just got a phone call for recall. We are just starting the fun. We will finish it up just in time for our UCI the next week. I swear, I dont get the thinking behind doing this right before an inspection, rather than oh...... I dont know...... Maybe prepare for the inspection.

#11 ·
yeah phone recalls that all they say is "do not return this call" lol, uci's we have a ore right now

#12 ·
Speaking of exercise have any of you ever been to CST training? Its like real life training for call of duty LOL.

#13 ·
prob not lol i don't recognize it, but they're really gettin into this whole exercise thing they've made about 7 base announcements tonight.

#14 ·
Ah, definitely dont miss those exercises that we had in kadena... Here at wright patt we used to just go out for 3 days at a camp they set up, but they've been re-vamping the whole thing for the past year now.

Yeah, PT testing waist measurement only...did that on monday, had back surgery a few months ago, FAILED. Long story, but the HAWC guys here that are doing them are ridiculous-I'm one of 4 that failed in our shop this week.

#15 ·
exercise is over today no more announcements via the base intercom! they had mopp4 goin on for the participants in it for a little bit, it's times like these that i really feel bad for security forces lol
the hawc guys here at travis used to be dicks, especially this one lady but supposedly theyve had recent talk with all of them about it and theyre better now, but i'll be in the waist measurement club unless my foot miraculously heals

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.