Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

New Vet to the Site

4K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  flying_irish 
#1 ·
Hello All!
I am a retired US Army Ranger with just a little over 21 yrs of service. I was a Master Sergeant before I got out, and I got to keep the same job...just now I come to work as "Mister".
I teach youngins how to jump out of planes, and the not so young ones to be instructors. Although it seems they just keep getting younger as well!
Good to be here and can't wait to talk to all of you as the days go buy. I know there are days of "Hey, you know that one guy?" ahead of us all.

Let me know if I can ever be of help, Sean :drink

#2 ·
welcome to the site!!! i have a ? right from the start, how do you like the go rhino nerf steps and did you have to pay a $99 freight charge to get them shipped?

#5 ·
I think the steps are really nice. Super strong and too easy to put on. No drilling or anything. I got a smokin deal and FREE shipping from Realtruck.com...nice folks there too.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum

#6 ·
Thanks for the kind welcomes.:)

#8 ·
Welcome :drink

#12 ·
Welcome Retired MSgt! I am currently on terminal leave myself for the USAF. This is a great site and seems to be growing everyday!

Steve

#13 ·
ic you are in yuma, az! my uncle teaches on base. he is retired from the marine corps and teaches military personal to become air traffic controllers. being you work with paratroopers and planes, you might know him?

#15 ·
I live right next door to a controller...is his name Alan?

#17 ·
Thank you for your service and welcome

#18 ·
Nice to hear from all of you. This seems to be a great site and I look forward to meeting everyone as I get a little smarter about my truck. I'm really new to diesels, and am loving my new truck so far.:drink

#20 ·
What do I need to do to get into the club? I just got back from Iraq and Afghanistan. My R&R ends today and go back to bending wrenches on the flight line. How do I get the National Defense Ribbon on my profile?

#21 ·
Welcome to the forum.
This is a terrific site with a ton of info.
I think it's great that you were able to retire and continue your work at the HALO school!
My "coke bottle" glasses only allowed me to jump from 1200' with a leash vs 25000' !!
I have lots of respect for you guys.
Again welcome.

R.L.T.W.

:drink

#22 ·
I have done quite a bit of "Leash" jumping as well...scares the hell out of me! I like getting free and clear and pulling my own...parachute:booboo

Thanks for the welcome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.