Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

No military pay starting April 1st

8K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  dwally 
#1 ·
#2 ·
holy chiat! no good my friends no good, but hey its pretty awesome when we just continue to dump money into everyone elses countries and were left with nothing. Like i said before watch out canada im gonna be moving in!

#3 ·
I believe they said the same thing when I first came in in 95...we still got paid then. Hopefully it dont happen. There will be a ton of pissed off people I know that.

#4 · (Edited)
I believe they said the same thing when I first came in in 95...we still got paid then. Hopefully it dont happen. There will be a ton of pissed off people I know that.

Can count me in as one of those! Wonder how they will deal with people just not showing up. What can you do to them if they literally cant get to work? Not our fault for not getting paid. I literally just moved into my house, our first home purchase, that sucked my extra money up pretty good. Guess we see what happens.

#6 ·
Gunny: "SSgt, where the hell are you?"
SSgt: "I am flipping burgers."
Gunny: "Why the hell aren't you at work?"
SSgt: "I am."
Gunny: "You're not here."
SSgt: "Well in order for it to be considered work you have to be paying me."

That is how my conversation will go.

#14 ·
If that happens can you record it PLEASE!!! :rofl I want to hear the rest of that conversation..

I am in the same boat. I dont think they are not going to pay us and usually the Military Times is as good of a source as Communist News Network CNN :)booboo) but you never know! One thing is for sure, this country has a few money issues right now..... you know, thinking back, I thought this was wupposed to get better with all the "change" that we were hearing about two years ago....

#8 ·
yep just read this on Air Force times as well. They said it happen back in the day like ob_1jr said but they were saying this time the military as a whole may not receive a paycheck April 1st if it continues on that long. But we will be getting back paid when they do come to a conclusion. If they arent going to pay us, then 1) Im not coming to work. 2) I want interest included for them not paying us.

#9 ·
Our commander said last week it was only gonna affect the civilians on base and we didnt have to worry. I'm not really worried about it honestly, dont think it'll happen. If it does, better believe if our shop even shows up to work it's going to be horseshoes and beer all day:D

Oh and privatized(base) housing here can kiss my ass too, no BAH, no rent payment!

#10 ·
I guess im eefff'd 'cause im in the sand box right now, and will be if this goes down! On the other hand, i guess i dont really need money over here anyhow :p

#11 ·
Start putting it in the bank! You'll get back pay.

#12 ·
This almost happened a few months ago when they did the extension to April 1st.... I'm pretty sure Obama doesn't want the headache that goes along with the furlough... he's got enough issues lol...

#15 ·
Maybe if y'all go to 1600 Pennsylvania Av in DC and have a picnic on the lawn...in full gear.....?:)

#16 ·
Then they will just replace all of us out there with a rainbow force! Bye bye DADT!!!!! :eek:

#17 ·
I know you guys aren't serious, right? I mean, we did sign up promising to obey the orders of those appointed over us right? (This includes getting your azz to work, ON TIME!) Yea, we did. Is it BS that they would consider not paying the military? Yes, but I say it's even more BS that anyone in military would even talk about not showing up for work. Maybe you should have a look in the mirror and think about why you really joined the military in the first place!

My last paycheck will be on the 1st of April as I am retiring but you know what, it is what it is. We all are supposed to be living within our means and saving some each month. I have not followed my own advice in that respect but I won't bitch about it because "I" should have prepaired in case of an emergency.

Steve

#20 ·
Steve, I agree... BUT the only problem with that statement that I have is when I think back to why I joined the military, those reasons have changed dramatically from when I joined. So have the things this country stood for. Will I show up for work without pay? Yes. I will follow those that out rank me and will respect their rank but that does NOT mean I will respect who they are!
:drink

And, spending in our means? I think you may be in the wrong forum for that! :rof

Either way, thank you for your long service and dedication!!!

#19 ·
either way if it happens or not im coming to work... because i am flying home from the desert that week. so ready to get home. but we will get paid. if not on the first by the 15th for sure.

#21 ·
The Army Times (and Navy, Marine Corp, and Air Force Times) are full of the normal drive-by media non-journalism. There is nothing special about that publication any more then getting your news from the Oprah Magazine. The Government "shutdown" every single year of the Carter Admin, 6 of the 8 Regan years, and then finally in 1995. Every time active duty minitary was uneffected. They always want to play on your fears by saying the shudown, or budget cuts, or whatever will always be on the most beloved and needed services. When a city talks about cutting budgets, the media talks about fire and police cuts, when in reality the city is only wanting to cut waste or something like million dollar art projects by out of work blind transvestites. We need this government shutdown and reigned in or the whole thing will go bankrupt. Talk about scare tactics, you worried about a weeks pay, what about 20 years down the road when they can't pay your retirement? Or they have printed so much money to effectively make it worthless? We went in debt more last month, then the worst entire year in the Bush admin and we though he was out of control! The cost of rebuilding all of Japan from this disaster is estimated at 180 billion, the Obama stimilus was 6 times that and what do we have to show for it? Shut them down, baby, shut them down!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.