Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

first tdy!

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  05mudiak 
#1 ·
well boys i know its no big deal to most of you all but i am going on my first tdy! which means i am going home to (kinda) home is near the base pretty excited

#2 ·
Sweet man, Its always fun to be close to home. Just watch out for the old high school "buddies" they'll get ya in trouble real fast

#3 ·
nah, my buddies aint into bad stuff. just got to see them on tuesday cause i just got back from leave lol

#4 ·
shoulda been more specific, by "buddies" I mean acquaintances. those people you tolerated but really had no friendship with. Those are the ones thatll get you in trouble, Ive seen it happen.

#5 ·
ahh gotcha, i know who you mean. i don't talk much with people who i was never close with. but with fuel being the way it is(dads driving my truck there so i can have it while i'm back) i won't make the 165 mile trip all the time

#8 ·
nah, i just happen to live close to the base i'm going to. a tdy is when your services are requested for a temporary time usually predetermined. tdy stands for Temporary Duty.its a good experience to get under your belt as it can help propel your career. this is different from deploying though

#9 ·
tdy got cancelled, well my trip atleast other guy went, cause our chief and supervision were slacking on something simple that had they noticed and fixed it i woulda went, this happened monday just now got around to posting it, anyhow i was literally within 1 hour of boarding the plane when i got a call saying i wasn't going....but on a positive note i am first in on line on the next trip which will be in july...it sucks but i keep telling myself everything happens for a reason

#10 ·
Enjoy it while you can I am so done w/ TDY's and deployments. I am on the countdown to retirement. Once I return from Saudi I hope I never have to fly again. I wish the Airforce would give us freq. fly miles I would have a bazillion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.