Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

First time dyno

4K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Jscherbs 
#1 ·
Was a little upset with the number, but theyre trans safe tunes....

390/800

#2 ·
Which tune of robs was that? The big tires are probably hurting you some.

#4 ·
no transgo, yes lift pump, robs 150 tune.

#5 ·
What gear did you dyno in?

#6 ·
he was doing 5th, i ad him do a run in 4th, 4th had a higher HP but lower TQ than the 5th gear run

#10 ·
yea i noticed he had it in 5th so i had him do the last run in 4th.. it was 385/743

my sheet is as follows:

4th tune, 5th gear: 366/742
5th tune, 5th gear: 384/790
5th tune, 4th gear: 386/744

There was a nice guy there with a 09 put down 550/1000 with EFI live, AD2, and trans. He said you lose a good amount of power through the stock trans. so i know what im saving for now

#8 ·
Chase I think it's pretty respectable considering its a trans safe tune....why not run it in 4th on a hotter tune, IIRC its the 5th gear clutch pack that gets dicked over by +90hp tunes

#11 ·
I think i want to move my 5th tune (150) to my 4th position, and make my 5th position my real race tune.

I daily drive on the 150 tune anyways, but i baby the hell out of her for MPG reasons

#13 ·
I just paid off my credit card today, paying off the loan i took out to get credit next, cancelling one of my 2 gym meberships, and going to the bank.. i think a suncoast stage 3 will suffice??? i can get a good deal on one from a buddy

#15 ·
My buddy Jason says he knows a guy in waco who does a good job. where's mike sewel out of

#18 ·
I honestly dont know the difference other than a mustang dyno. this was a dynojet at relentless diesel in willis texas. He spelt my name wrong, i bet he messed with the load % too since i was 1 out of 3 duramaxs there.. and the other two put down 480+

Attachments

#20 ·
U should b putting down 440-450. Somethings off. I made 400/743 with a bullydog power pup on extreme. On 35" tires. Stock trans.

#22 ·
i layed down 480/860 with just efi live and pipe with mark broviaks tunes.

#23 ·
im right around 600ish with my stage 3. most concur that you will bend your stock rods before worrying about breaking a stage three...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.