Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

My first dyno run

Tags
duramax dyno
4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Earnhardtfan 
#1 ·

Well I decided to see what my truck was putting to the ground.. 390 hp 691 tq.. I was happy to say the least considering my lack of mods. My question is when you guys dyno do you power break it a bit to build up boost so you get better tq numbers and boost at a lower rpm? This dyno felt like it didn't really load my truck enough... Again I'm still happy considering I only have the junk with attitude :) any advice for next year would be great!!

#2 ·
nice numbers

and brake boosting on a dyno is a retarded trick. it does help give higher numbers, but they are fake numbers. Might as well air up your tires to 70 psi and put a 1.14 correction factor in there as well

#4 ·
Was this before or after they had homosexual relations with each other?

#5 ·
How does running 70 psi in your tires help your numbers? Oh and the truck of the day was a duramax. 1246 hp :)

#6 ·
higher tire pressure = less sidewall flex = less parastic drivetrain loss.

you gain a negligible amount on the dyno from it (as much that it could be offset by someone farting by your vehicle while making a dyno pull), but people do it just so they can squeeze every number out as possible (along with taking the serptintine belt off, putting ice on the intake and fuel lines, doing pulls in over drive instead of the vehicles 1:1 gear ratio, smaller wheels/tires, etc etc etc)

#8 ·
That's funny!! Everyone was telling me to do it in 5th gear and I wouldn't because I told them 4 was the 1:1...( like I read on here) So I did it in 4th... I guess I was the only one trying to get real numbers. Everyone else just wanted the highest possible... Effer's!

#9 ·
Nice job. Great results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.