P0101 code - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
EFI Live Place for your EFI questions

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 04:25 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

P0101 code

I'm talking to Dustin right now so I'll probably get my answer from him but I figured I'd post here...

Just randomly checked my codes and I have a P0101 code... Is there something I'n the efi settings I need to change?

And I haven't noticed any performance drops... I dont think... Everything seems fine.. If my maf is rescaled will the truck run better ?
2005 chevy 4dr SB, Garret 4094-stage-2!! EFI. EDGE CTS ROB FROM IDAHO, 8" Fabteach, 37" pro comps on 18s, straight exhaust AFE intake with mouthpiece, blacked out, custom one of a kind cab lights. full stereo with fosgate shallow 12, FabTech Tie rods. Cognito idler and pitman saver. custom traction bars, Viper Remote Start FOR IPHONE, bd blow off valve. rhino liner Theres More Just Cant Think Of It.. TRAIN HORN!!!!, Diamond Eye DP, Radar/laser Detector--AND JAMMER. fox gauges. air ride bags/ with on board air..Mag Tech Diff Cover
CVBFireman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 10:29 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

bump

still didnt get a answer whats the deal?
2005 chevy 4dr SB, Garret 4094-stage-2!! EFI. EDGE CTS ROB FROM IDAHO, 8" Fabteach, 37" pro comps on 18s, straight exhaust AFE intake with mouthpiece, blacked out, custom one of a kind cab lights. full stereo with fosgate shallow 12, FabTech Tie rods. Cognito idler and pitman saver. custom traction bars, Viper Remote Start FOR IPHONE, bd blow off valve. rhino liner Theres More Just Cant Think Of It.. TRAIN HORN!!!!, Diamond Eye DP, Radar/laser Detector--AND JAMMER. fox gauges. air ride bags/ with on board air..Mag Tech Diff Cover
Old 09-26-2011, 11:28 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Hope this helpsDtc List

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

Daily Driver: 2014 Cruze TDI
Northwest Coal Roller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2011, 11:58 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Yea I know the code it's a maf volume or something like that.. I'm assuming that I'm pulling more air now that I have the efi and it's throwing my maf off... This didn't happen with the edge... I'm wondering if I need to change my maf settings to something else to stop getting this code and possibly better performance
Old 09-27-2011, 12:13 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Could it br that your maf is maybe dirty... I dunno. But im sure Dustin will figure it out

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

Daily Driver: 2014 Cruze TDI
Northwest Coal Roller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 12:29 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Yea I've already cleaned it with maf cleaner
Old 09-27-2011, 04:22 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Banned

Did you change your filter?
smokinlmm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 10:30 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

No it's pretty clean just checked it last week...

If my maf needs to be rescaled am I going to see any performance change ??
Old 10-06-2011, 12:04 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

I am pulling the same code and i have a 100% stock truck with a clean stock filter....any help on this would be great.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:03 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

I just threw a bunch of money at this exact same thing. Threw the p0101 on my top 2 tunes constantly

1. cleaned sensor... still codes
2. New MAF... Still codes
3. Replaced K&N with Volant powercore... NO more codes!

Comparing the 2 intakes, K&N (Amsoil dry filter, not the oiled) has the MAF fairly close to the filter, the volant has it much closer to the turbo.

I have read that Bill's custom intakes puts the MAF closer to turbo so you can use the stock MAF tables. Bills would be much cheaper than the volant... Either way it works for me on all tunes.
ADII 165, 4" Magnaflo
BigDipper Trans, ML
Shmittey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.