DPF Delete Tunes Gone? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
EFI Live Place for your EFI questions

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 08:10 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

DPF Delete Tunes Gone?

So ive been hearing rumors (from a local exhaust shop) that the federal government is doing away with DPF delete tunes and made them illegal to sell? The owner tried to order one today and was told they are discontinued because the feds did away with them. Is this true and am I going to be affected by this when I go to do mine? Im ordering EFI Live through Rob when the time is right (warranty expires). He's not going to tell me "i cant tune it for that its illegal" is he? Im not sure why im hearing that is I can find a few specific DPF delete tunes still for sale on the internet.

EFI Live by Rob. Stock, Heavy Tow, Econ 90, Street 120, Race 150. S&B Intake. 5" MBRP Straight pipe.
3" mbrp downpipe. Blocked, Rerouted, Plugged. Transgo Jr. Edge Insight CTS. And no tread.

My Build Thread
DWDuramax is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 08:13 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

So far it looks like the main tuners are "voluntarily pulling emissions-deleting tuners" for now...and you should be good with EFI, they are not a US based company so aren't subject to EPA regulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
well you have reduced power..... you fix it by adding more power
Pat H is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 08:17 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
So far it looks like the main tuners are "voluntarily pulling emissions-deleting tuners" for now...and you should be good with EFI, they are not a US based company so aren't subject to EPA regulation.
Efilive isnt us based but alot of tuners are and im sure they will follow suit and not want any attention drawn to them. It only takes 1 dipshit to get caught and say so and so tuned my truck to allow me to delete my dpf.

07 gmc lbz ccsb
More aftermarket parts than oem parts
apelineman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 08:22 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Banned

This is why I love my first gen truck! Even though I'm dropping in an lbz my truck never came with emissions so I don't have to pass anything!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
ferdkila is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 08:33 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWDuramax View Post
So ive been hearing rumors (from a local exhaust shop) that the federal government is doing away with DPF delete tunes and made them illegal to sell? The owner tried to order one today and was told they are discontinued because the feds did away with them. Is this true and am I going to be affected by this when I go to do mine? Im ordering EFI Live through Rob when the time is right (warranty expires). He's not going to tell me "i cant tune it for that its illegal" is he? Im not sure why im hearing that is I can find a few specific DPF delete tunes still for sale on the internet.
i don't think efi live will be going anywhere, but the people who tune for the dpf deletes may be forced to quit doing it. meaning that they could still tune your truck, just not delete the dpf. if you know this is something your going to do for sure, i would go ahead and get the tunes now and you can flash them in whenever your ready.
Dyno - 582hp 1209tq - SJD, 561hp 1247tq floor-it-diesel (stock turbo & inj.)
Track - 12.82 @ 105.5 mph @7300lbs 1.82 60 ft

07 lbz rclb

Kory tuned, RDL egr delete, banks IC, insight,
bd lift pump w/remote WS, nicktane, ranch hand front
plowboy_lbz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 08:40 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

cant they just make you sign a paper saying the delete is "for off-road use only"? that seems like it would cover them
Old 12-02-2012, 08:41 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdkila View Post
This is why I love my first gen truck! Even though I'm dropping in an lbz my truck never came with emissions so I don't have to pass anything!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Sold my lmm and putting that money in the lbz i bought, but this was a big reason why i sold my lmm, shit runs down hill its only a matter of time before they start going after individuals for deleting this crap

07 gmc lbz ccsb
More aftermarket parts than oem parts
apelineman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 09:18 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

i was hearing that here in PA they were thinking of letting any pre 2011 emissions go because of the terrible fuel mileage the 2007+ Semi trucks are getting. These trucks aren't wirth anything because nobody wants a truck with terrible fuel mileage so guys are stuck with them. This is all hear-say but it would be nice if they passed it.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:26 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Ya I was thinking that too Plowboy LBZ, I will probably order my EFI live here very soon, setup to the mods i plan on buying then put it all on after my warranty is up.

EFI Live by Rob. Stock, Heavy Tow, Econ 90, Street 120, Race 150. S&B Intake. 5" MBRP Straight pipe.
3" mbrp downpipe. Blocked, Rerouted, Plugged. Transgo Jr. Edge Insight CTS. And no tread.

My Build Thread
DWDuramax is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 03:30 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWDuramax View Post
Ya I was thinking that too Plowboy LBZ, I will probably order my EFI live here very soon, setup to the mods i plan on buying then put it all on after my warranty is up.
Since you have an 08 you should have less than a year left anyways....right??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.