HIGH EGT's lbz - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
EFI Live Place for your EFI questions

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 PM   eBay Motors  #31 (permalink)

My 2 cents = you've tried a different prob same thing and different tunes same thing, going to say it's not prob or tunes.....

Engine?? high EGT -possible cam timing ??? Restriction in intake or exhaust?? >> just throwing it out there, (I have done more work on gas engines )
PPE Hot Race tuner / TransGo Jr. / Pillar gauges
JVC - DVD/Nav system & Back up camera/2500w inverter/ 55w reverse lamps/Amber strobe lights X4 corners
front hidden hitch/rear hitch/turn over ball 5th wheel hitch/custom grille
DRW # 101
bubblebutt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 PM   eBay Motors  #32 (permalink)

i agree, zack is a great guy. i had numerous brain farts getting my dsp5 to work and he stuck with me like a champ until we finally got it working (Still dont know why it wasn't all we did was undo it and redo in a walmart parking lot) x2 on zack becoming a sponsor
4inch Diamondeye straight pipe, 4inch Billscustomintake w/ aem dry filter, PPE Boostvalve, AE 18x10s-Toyo 33x12.5s, Debadged, Leveled, Airdog 165, Autometer Cobalts, EfiLive with Starlite Diesel Tunes, ProFab Turbo Horn, 18% Tint, Recon tailgate lightbar.
Wishlist: LML cablights, smoke running lights, Blackout Performance trans, S467 + 60% overs, MA sleeves, Color match ERRTHANG
CRFmxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 PM   eBay Motors  #33 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Thanks guys for the support and the reccomend at becoming a sponsor. As fate would have it i've already been in talks with AutoGuide about combined pricing for this forum and CF since I am on there.

In short - I feel bad that I haven't been able to help Matt. He is going through the valves and adjusting them again and in the process i've requested he send back the injectors so I can have them tested on the flow bench and in the Bosch test stand itself at II. I know lots of guys don't like them, however they have treated me and all my customers great. I like that i can personally walk in a CP3, a set of injectors, etc and WATCH them be tested and get the printout right from the Bosch test stand on each injector, if it's balanced, it's return rate, etc.... and have them tested however i want at whatever pressures I want all the way up to 28k... Not trying to change any minds here, just saying that they've had their growing pains like many places and I feel confident if it's an injector issue we're going to find it - or rule it out since he has them out anyways. Being able to watch it tested also means there's not much chance of getting BS'd too - another reason I like the setup.

I try my best for all my customers, regardless of who's parts or what setup they're using - but i've had a couple trucks that just kick my backside in the end and I can't solve the problems for them. I hate when it happens. I didn't take offense to anything in the thread - there has been lots of great discussion so far in the thread (ideas and such) - and like I said in my original post. I make mistakes too. One way or the other, I hope we can get his truck to where it should be and close this thread on a positive note.

That being said, anyone that has additional ideas or input for him or for me - feel free to fire away! I'm continually learning and trying to improve.... so please keep any ideas coming!
zfuller123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 11:00 AM   eBay Motors  #34 (permalink)
DF Sponsors

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfuller123 View Post
Thanks guys for the support and the reccomend at becoming a sponsor. As fate would have it i've already been in talks with AutoGuide about combined pricing for this forum and CF since I am on there.

In short - I feel bad that I haven't been able to help Matt. He is going through the valves and adjusting them again and in the process i've requested he send back the injectors so I can have them tested on the flow bench and in the Bosch test stand itself at II. I know lots of guys don't like them, however they have treated me and all my customers great. I like that i can personally walk in a CP3, a set of injectors, etc and WATCH them be tested and get the printout right from the Bosch test stand on each injector, if it's balanced, it's return rate, etc.... and have them tested however i want at whatever pressures I want all the way up to 28k... Not trying to change any minds here, just saying that they've had their growing pains like many places and I feel confident if it's an injector issue we're going to find it - or rule it out since he has them out anyways. Being able to watch it tested also means there's not much chance of getting BS'd too - another reason I like the setup.

I try my best for all my customers, regardless of who's parts or what setup they're using - but i've had a couple trucks that just kick my backside in the end and I can't solve the problems for them. I hate when it happens. I didn't take offense to anything in the thread - there has been lots of great discussion so far in the thread (ideas and such) - and like I said in my original post. I make mistakes too. One way or the other, I hope we can get his truck to where it should be and close this thread on a positive note.

That being said, anyone that has additional ideas or input for him or for me - feel free to fire away! I'm continually learning and trying to improve.... so please keep any ideas coming!
That's why you and I get along... Very humble attitude. Keep up the great work man!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
10.87@128.5
09 6.4f250 MCC-PPEI
Need/Want our Efilive tuning?
http://www.syntheticmotorsports.com/
*Please send PMs and messages to MRMANNERS here.. I'm just the nerd that builds tunes/code.. and blows up my personal stuff to better the rest of the community*
bluessmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 03:00 AM   eBay Motors  #35 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:

Zach, you are definitely going about it the right way IMHO. When you have an issue like this where it doesn't respond as you would expect then I've always found it helpful to methodically recheck all the systems. I definitely think it was helpful to bench check all the injectors (doesn't matter what brand you're using, test results will tell you one way or another) and then to double check valve clearances. An overall compression test would also be helpful to know the mechanical systems are working as they should be. It would be nice to also have some verification that the timing gear on the cam was installed and lined up properly. Beyond that it would be good to pressurize the intake and double check it all for any possible boost leaks (I would use 5psi more than the max pressure that turbo will see.......it would be good to use the KENT-MOORE J-46091-15 adapter for the test). Next I would have a look at both the baro and MAP sensors to check they aren't plugged/damaged and that the signal they are sending is correct. Finally I would sweep the turbo vanes to makes sure you're getting full movement (0-100%). If all these check out then it's time to start digging a bit deeper.

Hope this helps.
2005 Silverado EC/SB, LLY, 4WD, EFI DSP5 V2 (Idaho Rob at ATP), Edge CTS w/ EGT probe, LML Exhaust Manifold, PPE shimmed FPRV, Banks LBZ air cleaner, Profab intake, LBZ Turbo Mouthpiece, Kennedy twin lift pumps w/ megafilter, Corsa 304 SS Exhaust, Mike L tranny cooler, EXAXT Steering System, Redhead Power Steering Box w/ Amsoil PS fluid, Green Torsion Keys, Allison Deep Pan w/ Suncoast Filterlock and Transynd ATF, Bilstein 5100's (Norcal), Cognito UCA's, 17" NBS alloy rims, 265/70R17 Michelin LTX M/S2's, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT, CubbyCam Backup Camera, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, Alphatherm AT-38OD Washer Fluid Heater

Last edited by MTL_Dmax; 01-05-2013 at 03:08 AM.
MTL_Dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 04:46 PM   eBay Motors  #36 (permalink)

Anyone mention a possible boost leak yet?
DuramaxNoKaOi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:06 PM   eBay Motors  #37 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuramaxNoKaOi View Post
Anyone mention a possible boost leak yet?
Oh yes.... he went through ALOT of stuff testing that.... things were good there...

Injectors appear to be the culprit - still waiting for a final verdict tomorrow - but looks like there's a problem with them when they were tested in the Bosch machine - but i'm not going to pretend to be an injector expert - I only know they weren't happy with the results and are tearing each one down to go through them.

The tips ended up being 45% tips as well. Not a huge difference, but not exactly what the tuning was aimed at so.... a few compounding problems but I think this will be the ticket to getting his truck right.

We will definitely post up the results once everything is back together and running.
zfuller123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:50 PM   eBay Motors  #38 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

good luck with it, hope to see it get straightened out !!!
auto meter boost/pyro/trans gauges- traction bars- 5'' DE 5" to 7" black mitre cut stack- PPE BIV- AD II 200 lift pump- edge insight CTS- spectre CAI- 45% over injectors- LMM cp3 & FPR -EFI live dsp5 from tony burkhard and danville performance
suncoast stage 4 trans, goerend "ML style" triple disc billet converter
Passin' 35psi on stock IHI with 290k on it
boostnlb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 03:39 AM   eBay Motors  #39 (permalink)
AKA 01 D_Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparker View Post
I'm having trouble trying to get my EGTs under control. They are at 1000 just driving drown the road. When i try to go up hill they are 1400+. I've been working with a tunner and my data logs. My balance rates are within spec. Timming and boost look fine.This all started when I installed a different engine. With some mods.
ANY IDEAS would be great. Im stumped so's my tunner
THANKS Matt

MODS 42%cp3,30% injectors, fuel rail plug and ported fitting,Dannsville 68mm stage2, 3"down pipe,5"ex,afe intake,pcv reroute,lb7 pistons cut and coated, Efi live dsp5,egr blocked, Fass150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 D_Max View Post
Yes, too much boost for sure. And I would think you were told the wrong size of the injectors... If He's tuning for what you were told, and they are bigger your going to dump more fuel than you think. Raising EGT's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mparker View Post
Wrong size of injectors? They came from industrial and said 30% over on the boxes. Im not having much black smoke now. What more info would u like?
Quote:
Oh yes.... he went through ALOT of stuff testing that.... things were good there...

Injectors appear to be the culprit - still waiting for a final verdict tomorrow - but looks like there's a problem with them when they were tested in the Bosch machine - but i'm not going to pretend to be an injector expert - I only know they weren't happy with the results and are tearing each one down to go through them.

The tips ended up being 45% tips as well. Not a huge difference, but not exactly what the tuning was aimed at so.... a few compounding problems but I think this will be the ticket to getting his truck right.

We will definitely post up the results once everything is back together and running.
Hmmm... Guess I do have an idea of what I'm talking about!

Or call us... 920-765-1615

2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD, Limited Edition, CC,SB
EFI Live V2 w/dsp5 MAX EFFORT by Idaho Rob,
EGT's Never higher than 1150*
Cognito Braces, and ATP Sleeves, BD Manifold, ARP H.Studs, BATMO, M.P. mod, MA Aluminum Bleeder, PPE Boost Valve, Banks Ram Air- Intercooler- Wastegate, FASS 150, LBZ FPR, Shimmed FPRV, Built Trans, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust w/6"tip, Corsa Muffler
@180,000-New injectors from Lincoln Diesel, CAT Adapter/filter/spacer

Air Lift, Bilstein Shocks, Leveling Kit, Recon LED tail lights & over cab lights, 20" Forged Aluminum WELD Racing Rims, 295/55/20 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires,

Last edited by Aaron@LDS; 01-17-2013 at 03:42 AM.
Aaron@LDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 04:49 AM   eBay Motors  #40 (permalink)
Slippin' LMM
Lifetime Supporting Member

I'm running 20 over II's on mine they only have 20k on them and ones bad I think, my egt's are shit as well and getting a slight loss in rail pressure too and loud knock under load. Anyone know if they warranty their shit?

"The Blessed Hellride"-08' GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB, 12,000 miles!
Engine-EFI Live, blocked, re routed, air box mod, 3" downpipe, amsoil
Trans- Transgo jr. and deep pan
Exhaust- 4" MBRP straight pipe, 5" RBP tip
Suspension- leveled, PAC Brake air bags
Other- Fab fours winch bumper, large fender mod, 17x9 Fuel kranks, 35" Cooper STT's, limo tint, 100 gal. Fuel tank, tool box.
WVRigRat08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.