Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

can i switch from idaho rob to ppei

6K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  D_R_C 
#1 ·
i got a 2006 duramax and currently running idaho rob's tunes, however id like to switch to kory willis tunes. Would i have to buy a whole new autocal or could i pay $250 and get kory willis custom tuning with the atp autocal i have now.

#2 ·
First off why do you want to switch?

2nd, you can send ATP your autocal and they unlock it for a fee and then you buy ppei tunes and put them on, or buy a new autocal...personally I'd leave the atp tunes on there...gonna be pretty damn good

#3 ·
A choice between ATP and PPEI, it would be ATP hands down.
The AutoCal you have from ATP is locked to ATP tunes, that's how this EFI stuff works.
Unless you spend more $$$ buying a AutoCal outright and paying for the tuning license.
ATP's customer service is outstanding and they actually prefer people calling them instead of the constant back and forth emailing BS.

Reactions: wh20crazy
#4 ·
Thanks for you help. I'm not disappointed with my tunes at all other than it gets a bad dead pedal and a p0087(which is prob my fault)it drives me crazy lol. So I figured if I could switch to ppei for $250 instead of $300 atp retune that'd be the best route to take.

#15 ·
Changing tunes isn't going to fix P0087. I would start by troubleshooting and fixing that before you changes tunes.

Under what conditions are you throwing that code. What other mods? Lift pump?

P0087 says you have a delta in rail pressure.

I would read up on data logging and see if you can post up some more info before you get headed down the tune road.

Once that is fixed, if you still don't like the tuning, then I would try Kory's. Right now you'll be just as disappointed with Kory's tunes.

#6 ·
I believe they will make adjustments for free? They want you to be satisfied with their tuning. They only charge for new tunes...like if you get a bigger turbo or built trans etc etc.... And I think that's free too if you buy the parts thru them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#7 ·
P0087 usually is because the fuel supply can't keep up with the fuel demand, because of big tunes.
More than likely ATP will suggest doing a data log and you'll probably need a lift pump, that's pretty much what everyone does and check for possible collapsed fuel line somewhere.
Give ATP a call Monday morning, click on the ATP link in my sig.

#9 ·
I think I would have called ATP before I would have spent a wad of money on what you listed to fix something that could very well be something simple or cheap....just my opinion.

#11 ·
I don't understand why some just refuse to pick up a phone and call their tuner to try to figure out the issues.
A simple data log suggested from a tuner, would possibly solve the problems they are having before they throw good money after bad.

#13 · (Edited)
Reactions: CA88
#18 ·
OP,
Now, wasn't that easy :thumb

If you have problems figuring out doing the Data Log ( I did on my first DL), they'll walk you thru that as well.

#19 ·
what is the latest

#21 ·
work with your tuner, more to it than just the tunes themselves... ATP will take care of you and dial you in, just may take a few tries as some trucks for waht ever reason can be temperamental

#22 ·
Based on posts 16 & 17 ATP (Dustin) has already talked to the OP and was waiting on his data log. :thumb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.