E F'in I LIVE!!! Finally!!!!! - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
EFI Live Place for your EFI questions

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 04:59 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

is that dps new future name ? or whats the story there .

2008 victory vegas low raked 45
1997 gmc 3/4 2wd parts wagon

Xtremeline Automotive Services
www.atptrucks.com
blackdeath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2011, 05:02 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Dirty 05. Pm sent.

Martin
Mods: debadge body mouldings; Straight pipe, down pipe back, 4" into 5"; dpf, cat delete, egr off; EFI live dsp5. Bulletproof bumper; Spyder headlights and taillights; Royalty Core Grille; Cognito uca and braces, 285's
Coming soon:
Transgo jr. Egr block Pcv reroute

"Some call it 'reckless driving'.....I call it 'MAD SKILLS!'
Dutchdmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011, 05:05 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

becareful is all ill say

www.atptrucks.com
Old 03-22-2011, 05:07 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

Extreme Engine Development is in the same building. The owner is Curtis Halverson, he did all my motor work. If I understand correctly DPS uses Rick for their EFI Live tuning, and he was great to work with in fine tuning my setup. What part of Calgary are you in? Your truck is hard to miss, but I haven't seen it anywhere!
2005 Chevrolet 2500 LT Deluxe - 4" MBRP cat-back - aFe MP - EGR blockoff - EFI Live DSP5 by Rick at Extreme Engine Development - 15% over injectors - Built motor by Curtis Halverson at Extreme Engine Development - Amsoil Dual Bypass Filter setup - 8" Fabtech Lift - NADP Heavy Hauler Race Trans & TCase - Rare Parts HD Tie Rods - MOOG Idler/Pitman Arms w/ Cognito Braces - AMP Research Power Steps - 20" RBP 94R's (-25 offset) w/ 355/60R20 Kumho Venture A/T's - 4.56 gears - Debadged - Bushwacker Flares - Smoked Tails - All on mod - LED interior light conversion - Autometer Sport Comp II Pyro/Boost/Fuel Press. - 20% tint all around

WISH LIST: Twins, Dual CP3's, Turbo-back exhaust, Tow Mirrors, ...the list continues to grow!
jscho338 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011, 05:10 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscho338 View Post
DutchDmax, what did you think of XtremeFX?...I've seen his ads on Kijiji for his tuning.
He seems to know his stuff. Keep in mind I have no one to compare to and am not extremely knowledgable myself. However, as I said the truck runs great, smooth, and sounds better at idle. No more hisssss. Nice deep rumble now with the occasional hiss from the vanes cycling. There's a number of guys running his tunes. One of them races, don't remember his name.
Later,

Martin
Mods: debadge body mouldings; Straight pipe, down pipe back, 4" into 5"; dpf, cat delete, egr off; EFI live dsp5. Bulletproof bumper; Spyder headlights and taillights; Royalty Core Grille; Cognito uca and braces, 285's
Coming soon:
Transgo jr. Egr block Pcv reroute

"Some call it 'reckless driving'.....I call it 'MAD SKILLS!'
Dutchdmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011, 05:12 PM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

Nice, well congrats on the upgrade, enjoy!
2005 Chevrolet 2500 LT Deluxe - 4" MBRP cat-back - aFe MP - EGR blockoff - EFI Live DSP5 by Rick at Extreme Engine Development - 15% over injectors - Built motor by Curtis Halverson at Extreme Engine Development - Amsoil Dual Bypass Filter setup - 8" Fabtech Lift - NADP Heavy Hauler Race Trans & TCase - Rare Parts HD Tie Rods - MOOG Idler/Pitman Arms w/ Cognito Braces - AMP Research Power Steps - 20" RBP 94R's (-25 offset) w/ 355/60R20 Kumho Venture A/T's - 4.56 gears - Debadged - Bushwacker Flares - Smoked Tails - All on mod - LED interior light conversion - Autometer Sport Comp II Pyro/Boost/Fuel Press. - 20% tint all around

WISH LIST: Twins, Dual CP3's, Turbo-back exhaust, Tow Mirrors, ...the list continues to grow!
Old 03-22-2011, 05:22 PM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscho338 View Post
Extreme Engine Development is in the same building. The owner is Curtis Halverson, he did all my motor work. If I understand correctly DPS uses Rick for their EFI Live tuning, and he was great to work with in fine tuning my setup. What part of Calgary are you in? Your truck is hard to miss, but I haven't seen it anywhere!
edmonton trail its parked in front of my shop i dont drive it in the winter.

www.atptrucks.com
Old 03-22-2011, 05:29 PM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

Oh well it's a sweet ride! Hope to see it out and about when this crazy weather gets finished!

Old 03-18-2013, 01:33 PM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Hello there. I thought I'd bring this thread back to life!
I'm looking at getting rid of my Dia-blows! and getting EFI Live.
- Jscho338, are you still happy with your tune? What's an approx cost of going with this set-up? ...So is Extreme Engine Development @ DPS? I googled the name and on street view it shows DPS... this place is right close to where I work but I have yet to go there for anything.
Also Dagger Diesel is close by - anyone dealt with them?
I want good tune for power and towing... I can't run my diablo predator (on tow), when i'm towing and it downshifts on a hill I go I loose Overdrive, and have to re-set - not sure what other problems I might have, but taking the programmer out - appears to be fine.
2005 - Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT - 2" leveling - Rancho 9000XL - 18" Greg Weld Black rims w/275/65r18 Michelien LTX M/S2 rubber - Gutted stock intake box - LBZ turbo mouthpiece - gutted cat - Aero muffler - 4" exhaust tip - led taillights - line X bedliner - DPS fifth wheel hitch - 200L sliptank Rotella T6 Synthetic / Transyn ... 170,000km and counting...
DMAXSTORE.COM Your Duramax Diesel-Only Shopping Resource
meltdowndan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2013, 02:03 PM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)

When you say you lose OD you mean it kicks down and then stays in like 3rd gear and you have to shut the truck off and cycle the key to get it to work again? Cause that means you're limping your tranny.
11 Rzr XP 900
Larson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.