Which Bed Liner? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Exterior Talk about the exterior of your truck here.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 06:37 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Which Bed Liner?

I want to spray the rockers and bottom of my truck up to the bodyline. Anyone ever use the raptor liner or SEM products bedliner/rock-it liner? My bed was rhinolined when i bought it, just dont want to spend the money for rhino or line-x. I,m leaning toward the SEM liner from the stuff i've read.
06LLY- EFILive DSP5 Duramaxtuner, EGR block, 5" exhaust, Banks Ram-Air, pitman/idler braces, Rare Parts tie rods, nicktane-CAT, leveled, Bilstein 5100s, rear airbags, traction bars, road armor bumper, 285/75-16 Dick Cepek F-C II
dmaxhd is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 06:45 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I used that new Dupli Color Bed Armor and really like it. Been on for 4 or 5 months and hasnt chipped anywhere and i drive a lot of gravel. Also cleans up really nice, if I use the tire/wheel soap at the car wash. I dont know if you can spray it but its easy to roll on, and you can pretty much make it as coarse or fine of texture you want by how you roll it on. Also a foam roller makes it a very fine texture, thats how I did my tool box.
2002 CCSB 4x4 LT. Dark charcoal exterior/black leather interior. 20x9 Death Metal Novakanes. 33 12.50 20 MT's. NBS smoked cab lights. Double Din in dash. 5" exhaust. Downpipe. AirDog II 165. Home made 4" intake. Home made traction bars. KrYpTiK Tuned.
jessman388 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 06:47 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Wreckin' Shop
Supporting Member

line-x
Old 08-23-2011, 06:56 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

line-x
PCV Re-Route, Navigation, Tow Mirrors
Leveled on 18" Incubus Rims w/ BFG A/T
EFI Live by Idaho Rob
Transgo Jr

Want List: EGR Delete, Cab Lights, Lift Pump and lots more...

Keystone 8 Luggers
looch10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 07:00 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Line-x

Sent from my DROIDX
Donnie 08 GMC Sierra 2500HD cc/sb Debadged 5in straight pipe MPI twins 60% Big Dipper nozzels EFI live tuned by Rob at ATP PVC reroute Bank 3in IC pipe PPE Race Vavle & Ported Fuel Rail Fitting CP3 High Flow Feed Line Kit Raptor 150 lift pump built trans by Big Dipper EGR delete with 3in Y-bridge BD manifold Tinted tail lights & 3rd brake light Recon smoked LED cab lights LED tailgate bar Big Rig amber running lights 8K hids lows & driving Fuel Hostage rims Nitto 420's 305/50/20 3in drop shackles traction bars PPE straight centerlink Rareparts tierods Rancho steering stablizer and shocks line X Bed liner billet fuel door
http://www.atptrucks.com/
RedMax316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 07:04 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Not sure if it was done badly, but my last truck, 2003 Chevy 2500 gasser, had a line x in it and it was garbage. It was flaking off on all the edges, and just seemed to be poor quality. Really left a bad impression on me.
EFI LIVE with locking dsp5 switch tuned by Kory Willis
Edge CTS Insight with pyrometer, MBRP SS Turbo Back 4" exhaust no muffler w/ 5" tip, EGR Block Plate
Transgo Jr, PCV Reroute, Resonator Plugged
joshmundy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 07:08 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

i'd have to drive 2.5 hrs to get line-x and the price is way too high.
06LLY- EFILive DSP5 Duramaxtuner, EGR block, 5" exhaust, Banks Ram-Air, pitman/idler braces, Rare Parts tie rods, nicktane-CAT, leveled, Bilstein 5100s, rear airbags, traction bars, road armor bumper, 285/75-16 Dick Cepek F-C II
Old 08-23-2011, 07:15 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I've had the spray on rubberized paint from autozone on my truck forever and it looks brand new with a little tire shine on it...
2005 chevy 4dr SB, Garret 4094-stage-2!! EFI. EDGE CTS ROB FROM IDAHO, 8" Fabteach, 37" pro comps on 18s, straight exhaust AFE intake with mouthpiece, blacked out, custom one of a kind cab lights. full stereo with fosgate shallow 12, FabTech Tie rods. Cognito idler and pitman saver. custom traction bars, Viper Remote Start FOR IPHONE, bd blow off valve. rhino liner Theres More Just Cant Think Of It.. TRAIN HORN!!!!, Diamond Eye DP, Radar/laser Detector--AND JAMMER. fox gauges. air ride bags/ with on board air..Mag Tech Diff Cover
CVBFireman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 07:18 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
Received a Hummer

Sorry, but Raptor liner all the way.. Brands like Line-X, Rhino liner, etc.. all have that really gritty/rubbery, more rigid look to them.. and they are a PITA to keep clean. Raptor liner can be shot smooth or a little textured looking, and it's real nice to clean and doesn't fade.. I've had it on my truck for almost 2 years with ZERO chipping or fading, and I run 35 mudders with no flaps. I'd never use anything else, even if I did it over again and someone else was paying for it...
Old 08-23-2011, 07:27 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

yea i run 33" mudders and they are chipping the paint away so that is why i want to do this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.