Dually Bed compatibility years? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Exterior Talk about the exterior of your truck here.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 08:21 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
Tag

Dually Bed compatibility years?

I need a new pair of rear fenders for my 06 3500 dually. I am finding out that purchasing a complete used bed is going to be a cheaper route than buying the fenders by themselves.

I need to know what year bed is compatible with my 2006 chevy 3500.

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 08:22 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

That be 01-07
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
Tow Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2011, 08:26 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Tag

How certain of this are you? I am looking at a used bed locally and the seller says it fits 07-10. Also my truck has fiberglass fenders (which is why they need replacement) and the seller says his 07 has steel fenders. Am I right in that Chevy changed midway through 07 and went with steel? Is this compatible?
Old 11-21-2011, 08:36 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

Yes sir you are right! The 07.5+ are different. The guy you are buying it from was correct as well. His bed might work but it will be the new body style bed.
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
Tow Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2011, 03:54 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Tag

Well, thanks but my question still remains unanswered. Will a late 07 bed directly bolt onto an 06 frame with no drilling, cutting, splicing, etc. Will the end of the bad and fender line match the line of the body where they meet?
Old 11-22-2011, 04:03 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

He did answer you 01 -07 are the same 07.5 and up are diffrent.They look like shit mixing the two.If your asking can a 07.5 be bolted on a 01-07 the answer is yes but thats not what you asked.Dont do it if you care about looks.
jmac5058 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2011, 04:44 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

There is a member that posted a pic of an OBS with a NBS bed on it....they preferred the supposed metal durability over the flex sides.

The flow lines from the cab don't match the bed's, and it looked out of place, IMO. You might as well have mounted a Dodge rear on it, looked about the same but, they liked it.

I don't follow the reasoning myself, one takes minor impacts and recovers; the other will have a dent. Hit hard enough to break/shatter the flex panel, then you'd also have a nasty dent with the metal that would still probably require replacement to repair.
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"

Hook'em_Horns! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2011, 04:55 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
Tag

well, my reasoning is as follows: Back in February when it was about mins 10 degrees I backed into a porch railing and what should have been a minor dent turned out to be a shattered left rear fender. Estimated repair was over $1000. Not having the funds I glued the pieces together and let it go. Last month I had a dually tire fail and the debris managed to take out the inner tire and also the right rear fender. Now, as I am getting ready to sell this truck I need to have it repaired and the thought of spending $2000. for what should have been minor repairs is more than I can handle. My alternative is to buy a complete replacement bed for a little over half the cost of replacing both fenders. To tell you the truth, I really love this truck and would recommend it to anyone save the ridiculous plastic fenders which are substandard in my opinion.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:11 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Hard to get out of ANY body shop for ANY repair, for under $2000....plastic or metal. My left hip is still smashed (idiot Corolla driver in August), haven't wanted to give up my truck for the repair (I'll have to drive a Fjord)....$2500 just for the one side, as they'll have to pull and replace a lot of other things (rolltop bed cover, rail caps, GN hitch...).

I've never come close to damaging any of my hips on any of my trucks for the last 12 years, I like the plastic though.

Looking forward to not having to see the damage every time I mount up, not looking forward to driving the Fjord replacement. They will order the panel and paint it before I arrive, so I'm only down for 1 day....but still.
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"

Hook'em_Horns! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2011, 06:12 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
There is a member that posted a pic of an OBS with a NBS bed on it....they preferred the supposed metal durability over the flex sides.

The flow lines from the cab don't match the bed's, and it looked out of place, IMO. You might as well have mounted a Dodge rear on it, looked about the same but, they liked it.

I don't follow the reasoning myself, one takes minor impacts and recovers; the other will have a dent. Hit hard enough to break/shatter the flex panel, then you'd also have a nasty dent with the metal that would still probably require replacement to repair.
couldnt agree more!

GM DRW Club Member #73
05WhiteLLY DRW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.