Winter Grille Covers - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Exterior Talk about the exterior of your truck here.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 07:39 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Winter Grille Covers

Ok everyone, fall is here and I'm thinking of the the things I need to do for winter and one thing that crossed my mind was the winter grille covers I see on semis and diesel trucks in the winter. What are they actually called and what purpose do they serve? Also, is there any place that sells these things model specific?
04.5 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT LLY, 4X4 CCSB, Bill's Custom Intake Stage 4, S&B Powerstack filter,LBZ MP, 4" turbo downpipe into 5" exhaust, 7" MBRP tip, EFI Live w/ dsp5, Resonator plug, PVC rerouted and plugged, level kit, 33" BFG's, all-on mod
7-6-2011
Head Gaskets, ARP Headstuds, Full EGR Delete, Aftermarket exhaust manifold, Race Valve, CTS INSIGHT
Coming soon:
AIR DOG II Lift Pump, Smoked tail Lights, Smoked cab clearance lights, Lift kit, and Built trans.
POWERTRIP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2012, 07:41 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

So that your engine gets up to temp faster and blocks the cold air from coming in. My buddy has one for your style truck. Not sure if he's interested in selling or not

Sent from my iPhone 4s
8 inch fabtech lift,36x15.50 baja mtz's,20x12 fuel nutz,reflexxion hood,rbp grille,s&b cai,recon smoked headlights,dsp5 by Kory Willis,mbrp 5 inch TB,mbrp dp,7" black chrome stack,PPE boost and pyro gauges,edge insight cts,bd blow off,egr delete,pcv re-route, alpine touch screen, 2 10" type r's SOLD

new truck- 2011 Denali lml, 6 inch fabtech lift, 22x12 american force rebel's, 35" terra grapplers, h&s mini max, banks cai, 5" exhaust, recon tails and 3rd brake light
polarisiq93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2012, 07:58 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

In IL I dont think youll really need to worry about having one on the truck. They are only need in colder temps say under 20 degrees. When it gets that cold a diesel engine has trouble getting up to operating temps.
50% towing miles, Bridgestone Duravis R500 Tires,Counteract balancing beads, Rancho 9000 shocks, 89 Gallon RDS in box tank, 1 ton rear leaf springs, Curt 20k Fifth Wheel, Curt 18K Rear Mount hitch, Firestone ride-rite air bags, NUC Motorsports Bypass oil Filtration, Edge Insight CTS, Fass 95HD

2013 LT CC & Chassis with 9' Hillsboro Aluminum flatbed
chevor-2010-gmc-2500-maintenance-log
Quest for Ultimate Hotshot Truck
chevor is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 04:19 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

I don't know what part of Illinois you are from, but I can recall plenty of winters where temp got below 20F! Last year would not have been one of them, though.
04.5 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT LLY, 4X4 CCSB, Bill's Custom Intake Stage 4, S&B Powerstack filter,LBZ MP, 4" turbo downpipe into 5" exhaust, 7" MBRP tip, EFI Live w/ dsp5, Resonator plug, PVC rerouted and plugged, level kit, 33" BFG's, all-on mod
7-6-2011
Head Gaskets, ARP Headstuds, Full EGR Delete, Aftermarket exhaust manifold, Race Valve, CTS INSIGHT
Coming soon:
AIR DOG II Lift Pump, Smoked tail Lights, Smoked cab clearance lights, Lift kit, and Built trans.
POWERTRIP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 04:28 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

It gets pretty cold here in Pittsburgh. I had to put garbage bag over my grille to get heat. Couldn't. Get a piece of cardboard over the radiator.
2006 2500 HD SLT ECLB, LBZ, LED tailights, black turn signals , black aftermarket headlights,265/75/16s uniroyal larados,Bilstein shocks,Banks 4inch exhaust, Cat adp and 2 micron cat filter , amsoil oil, pcv Re-route from alligator performance,And S&B air intake good to be driving a diesel again.

2002 Chevy silverado 2500 HD, LB7, traded it on a gasser and then traded it in for LBZ.
bigjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 06:45 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Winter Front 2003 2004 2005 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 2500 Duramax winterfront cold n | eBay
same style i run on both of my trucks. I also am from central IL and would suggest getting one
Truck#1 03 chevy 2500HD Ext cab SB, Edge EFI Live with CTS display, Airdog 165, Banks cold air with scoop, 4" down pipe with full boar muffler and 6" tip, BD exhaust brake, Firestone rear air bag system w/ compressor, B&W gooseneck
-New s366 kit, tunes, stage IV trans kit, new tunes from rob, tires n rims, leveling kit, all new steering upgrades, traction bars, and more all waiting to be installed when i get off this deployment
Truck#2 02 GMC 2500HD Ext cab LB, Edge juice with attitude, AEM cold air, 4" exhaust 5" tip, B&W gooseneck
03dirtymx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 07:18 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Subd IL is next to MO and it gets down to possibly 0* with a negative windchill so I know IL gets cold to..
2006 CCSB LBZ -Cognito 4-6", UCAs, Braces, Kryptonite Front End, Suncoast GMAX6, MA Trans Brace, Pump Rub, Transgo, MagHytec Pans, Magnaflow, Rigid, Alligator, PPEI Tunes, 305/55 Nitto Trails, 20x10 BMF Novakanes

2004 RCLB ZF6 LLY -SOLD
Billet S472, Southbend DD
2004 CCSB LLY -SOLD
kivetts04dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 06:29 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

I live in PA and have a grill and bumper cover...I only use both when it's freaking cold...but their nice. I use the grill cover from like Nov-Feb though. When the temps stay below 40* all day long I use it. But I do a lot of shorter trips...
05 LLY, CC, SB, 4x4, summit white, Ranch Hand bumpers, Diablo Preditor, Line X'ed bed, Bed Rug bedliner, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, K&N drop in filter, S&B Turbo Mouthpiece, Prodigy brake controller, 5" Diamond Eye straight piped, 06 Tow mirrors (leveled), "All-On" headlight mod, 15% tint front windows, 285/75/r16 BFG A/T KO's with the factory keys cranked, Red/White LED Lightbar with 100w siren...with more to come...

Never Forget...343
Jon05Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 07:25 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

I have an 02 and want to know where I can buy one at. Hopefully both the grill and bumper covers.
GodLovesSilverados is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 05:58 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Keep checking eBay, with cold weather approaching more people start posting them. I got an OEM one for my 05 Silverado a few years ago for $60 that was the grill and bumper cover. I preferred the look of the OEM cover over the after market ones.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.