Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

so im kinda pissed

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  puff11 
#1 ·
The other day I got motivated and decided to de-badge my truck. Everything was going good(except for how much of a PITA it is to remove the badges) until i got to the chrome strips on the sides. The passenger side came off smooth and I managed to get the adhesive off using a ton of goo gone and a razor blade. I moved to the drive side and peeled off the chrome strip only to discover this:

Apparently the guy who owned the truck before me had a few dents he wanted to get taken care of and the guy who did the body work obviously didnt know what the he!! he was doing. Anyone know a round about idea of how much this would cost to get fixed?

See less See more
#2 ·
looks like the door was painted and the molding left on? if so, it would prolly cost ya about 300 or so to repair that door and repaint it. thats what we would charge to fix it in my dads body shop. hope this helps. maybe 350 if there are dents to be fixed

#4 ·
Yea thats kinda what i was thinking, might just have to deal with it for a while.

Razor blade on ur paint noooo good! Should have got a eraser wheel..
Probably should have clarified a little better, i used the razor blade to trim off part of the adhesive then rolled the rest off with my thumb.

#5 ·
same thing happened on my 01 when i de molded it, i brought it to the body shop and had them repaint from the body style line down on both sides while fixing dents it was around 300 a side

#6 ·
those awesome super magic eraser wheels yall speak of i called ever were no body so goo gone wd-40 and a straight edge and 6 hours and about a can a dip done

#7 ·
I had the same deal with mine.. I used goof off and the eraser wheel everythin when mint then I cleaned it off and there was paint drips and ridges from them painting it with strips on. luckily it wasnt too noticable but it still sucks. good luck man

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.