My solution toolbox/stack problem - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Exterior Talk about the exterior of your truck here.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 04:44 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

My solution toolbox/stack problem

Hey all, I finally took a shot at this since it was on sale. This toolbox (found here Jobsite Box 36in.W x 16in.D x 18in.H, Model# JS3616 | Jobsite Boxes| Northern Tool + Equipment ) fits perfectly between the bed rail and the stack. Few cons: it's yellow and the lid needs space from the back to open. Even with the space it is still less then 20" from the back of the truck to the front of the box. So all of you with a short bed and a sport bike, it will still fit. The yellow part I put my own twist on. I decided to tape it off, put a few decals on it, sand it with 320 grit, and paint it with Rustoleum bed liner. (Helps a little that I'm a Steeler fan) I do not have it installed yet since it's still drying in the garage till tomorrow. Pretty sure I'm gonna get a shop to throw a few coats of clear on it since it turned out so well. Let me know what you guys think. Will report back once the clears done and I put it in.
Attached Images

6" Fabtech lowered to 4 with 325/60R18, Cognito UCA's/steering braces, AFE intake, LBZ MP, PCV reroute, EGR delete, 3" Diamond Eye DP, MBRP 4" straight pipe, EDGE CTS Monitor/EGT probe, ADII 165, Trans built by Caleb @ Blackout Performance, EFI live from Bob @ duramaxtuner.com

USN Seabees
DMAXIMUM05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 04:53 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Sub'd for pics of it in bed with the stack
ARP Studs
Built Front End
Need more Air and Fuel
12.670@106.26mph
The S.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 07:24 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

I'm gonna try to get it done before Thanksgiving. I'm headin outta town Wednesday, so it all depends on how long the clear takes.
6" Fabtech lowered to 4 with 325/60R18, Cognito UCA's/steering braces, AFE intake, LBZ MP, PCV reroute, EGR delete, 3" Diamond Eye DP, MBRP 4" straight pipe, EDGE CTS Monitor/EGT probe, ADII 165, Trans built by Caleb @ Blackout Performance, EFI live from Bob @ duramaxtuner.com

USN Seabees
Old 11-18-2012, 07:37 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

That's definitely a pretty cool idea

2004.5 LLY Ext Cab 8' ~EFI, Fabtech 6" and much, much more.. SOLD
nvrplzd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 07:58 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

I can't wait to see this also! Bet its going to look sweet!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:02 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

I want that box!!
mpeters0991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 12:36 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Well the clear is gonna cost more then the box did, so I figured I'll stick it in the way it is. I have a small garage with no heat or I would buy a gun and hit it myself. Worse comes to worse it fades/peels off and I do it again for $30 then get it cleared. I'm not a big fan of clear in a can, but might give it a shot on just the top where the weather will really hit it and go from there. Anyone use can clear on Rustoleum bed liner? Should be in today or tom. Will report back with install pics.

USN Seabees
Old 11-19-2012, 12:52 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

I used rustoleum bed liner in the spray can on my aluminum tool box a few months back without any chipping, peeling, fading, or anything. Don't know how long it will stay that way but so far so good! Box looks great by the way!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:35 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Alright I put it in to the point of marking where to drill the holes and took some pictures for you guys. These will have to do until I get it in fully. I am very pleased with the outcome.
Attached Images

USN Seabees
Old 11-19-2012, 03:37 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

a few more...
Attached Images

USN Seabees
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.