Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Got a new grille!

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  whiteoutlly 
#1 ·
Hey guys got my new grille! Thought I'd show ya! What ya think. Still looks strange with 20s off for the winter but you get the idea. Still looking for paintable front bumper covers!!

Thanks
Pax Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Bumper

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good! Do you run a cold front in the winter?

#6 ·
Just plasti-dip your bumpers it'll look sweet!

#10 ·
JMHO, don't paint the chrome. I think these trucks look sharp with the plastic painted. Really makes these trucks look clean.

#12 ·
Well I work at a body shop in the winter. So it makes more since to paint it. Already ordered paintable caps. I'm gonna leave the metal piece chrome. Even though i hate chrome. Only thing that I like chrome is wheel. Not a fan of the Plasti dip to be honest. I'm just gonna paint it. Hopefully next week. Gonna paint the pillar between the two side windows black also.

#13 ·
Where did you get this grille?? Looks badass man!!

#15 ·
I just painted my black bumper piece to match my truck and it's not the same exact color because of the way the black piece is textured. They don't make a bumper that could be painted! I looked everywhere! It looks okay, but I'll probably end up taking my entire front end off and switching it out for a new one! Your grille looks good though!

#16 ·
Yeah i got it online. Ebay i think. And yes they do do make bumper caps that are made to be painted. I have the part number somewhere if you want it. There smooth not textured. Threw gm at the body shop there 204 bucks. I got mine threw keystone for 155? Something like that. Hope fully it looks alright. Gonna scuff the heck out of the bottom piece to get paint to stick. I painted my mirrors a year ago and there still isn't a chip in them. And I drive alot of gravel. And thanks for the compliments guys!! But I'll prbly take it off someday soon. I want a stock one that i can paint white. So if anybody has one! Ill trade or buy it from ya!!

#17 ·
If your going all white I would look into painting the thick boarder of the grille white. Just a thought.... I love the looks of an open mouth grille. It would be one of a kind

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.