Getting Bumpers Painted - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Exterior Talk about the exterior of your truck here.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 07:55 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)
Meyer Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemon View Post
anyone else?

anybody have experience with the backup sensors?
A good body shop will know. Most new vehicles have paint to match back up sensors and I'm 99% sure ours are painted silver from the factory. So it might need sanded then repainted.
The life of my truck
Pics of my truck
MBRP, Diamond Eye, EFI live by Kory, S&B, Autometer, DHD, Magnaflow, ProFab, Banks, Edge, Cognito, Fuel, Nitto

Thanks to Tyler @ www.MeyerPerformance.com 812-344-4421
lutzjk913 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 08:03 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

I believe above post is correct. My LML goes in Friday for sensor replacement and the tech said he would have to have it all due due to the fact the sensors had to be painted to match my truck.
PS, I had a front bumper of one of the work trucks painted from a local body shop for $220, they did a great job! And they put it back on.
*35" Toyo AT II's
*and a few other small mods...
duramaxt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 08:15 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

Could sell ur bumpers and order white ones from gm. Maybe cheaper than 1000. Just a thought
2011 Blue granite 4x4 ltz LML CCSB LTZ 4x4, NAV/Sunroof/Rear Sliding Glass/Rear DVD, xd wheels, leveling kit, roof rack, 80 gal fuel tank, folding hard bed cover, weather tech, 3 inch down pipe, 5 inch exhaust, EFI from motorops, more to come
bturner is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 09:57 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

Id ask how they do it.. But Id defiantly call around. See of the place will be sand blasting the chrome off.
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
Tow Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 10:56 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

I want to do this so bad

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
1955 Belair - World Products Sportsman II Heads, 750 Double pumper Holley, Hooker Headers, 305/525 Comp Cam, 4 Speed, Weld Racing Wheels, Edelbrock Intake, MSD, few other odds and ends.
krtp1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 11:27 PM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

I had my rear bumper and grill painted on my truck for $300.

Edit: Jday that looks clean as hell. You thought about black heads/tails?

K&N CAI, Edelbrock Headers, 2.5" x-pipe, flowmaster super 44s, Diablo inTune (canned tune shame on me!)

Leveling kit, 20" black wheels, 33" AT's, LED tails, Halo/projection heads, black painted grill and bumpers

Future truck 2500 LMM
ApacheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 05:42 AM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)
Hi, I'm Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchxj View Post
i did mine yesterday with duplicolor factory match spray paint. It turned out pretty well and only cost me around $30

uploaded with imageshack.us
Attachment 62160

White 2012 LML CCSB LTZ 4x4, all the Options. + NAV/Sunroof/Rear Sliding Glass/Rear DVD
Gray 2008 ECSB LT Silverado 1500 "Texas Edition", Stock 20s, Nitto 420s- Daily Driver
JWC's - LML Silverado / LML Side Project - Thread
Body Dropped Build Thread - 2001 Sierra / 2000 S10
- Lowering A Lifted Truck - Cognito Support Kit- Cognito UCA kit - How To LML Cat Adapter -Modified Dual Stabilizer Kit-

Last edited by jwcgmc1985; 04-03-2014 at 06:33 AM.
jwcgmc1985 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 06:19 AM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)
Dead beat seller

You cant do sensors even when they get dirty they dont work all that well

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
08 3500 ltz 4dr long bed 6 in lift deaver springs fox shock custom straight axle d60 fox coilovers. Smitty bumper warn 16.500 winch recon head lights royalty core grille protech headache rack 100 gal tank tool box. Mike l trans. S475 over stock 40 over nozzles airdog 150 and robs tuning
toxic diesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 07:27 AM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)

I talked to a shop about getting my bumpers painted on my lmm and they told me they couldn't do anything about it since they are chrome and the edge pieces are plastic anyone heard of this before?
20" xd wheels 265/60/20 Goodyear wranglers 5" turbo back exhaust EFI live tuning by Ridge Runner diesel Fass titanium 95gph Alligator performance resonator plug Edge CTS Insight ATS Co-pilot PPE deep trans pan Alligator performance tranny cooler lines Garret 4094avnt Pro-fab downpipe

http://performancetruckproducts.com/
Duramax19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 07:34 AM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)
Hi, I'm Jeff

NOT UNTIL NOW

sorry for the screaming, stupid keyboard

anywho

and the bumper pieces on an LMM are plastic, its the same front end my 08 half ton gasser has

the LML on the other hand is all metal with a stupid plastic top piece

just blast the chrome and scuff the grille shell and end pieces and or top piece with like 320 then paint and clear it, then sand with 1500-2000 and buff!

done

White 2012 LML CCSB LTZ 4x4, all the Options. + NAV/Sunroof/Rear Sliding Glass/Rear DVD
Gray 2008 ECSB LT Silverado 1500 "Texas Edition", Stock 20s, Nitto 420s- Daily Driver
JWC's - LML Silverado / LML Side Project - Thread
Body Dropped Build Thread - 2001 Sierra / 2000 S10
- Lowering A Lifted Truck - Cognito Support Kit- Cognito UCA kit - How To LML Cat Adapter -Modified Dual Stabilizer Kit-
jwcgmc1985 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.