Frame Beaming- GM Campain #PIT3009J - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Exterior Talk about the exterior of your truck here.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 06:51 AM   eBay Motors  #21 (permalink)

According to the bulletin, yes, two each. Not bad if it helps with the ride a bit.
Tankercomm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2010, 07:48 AM   eBay Motors  #22 (permalink)

I bought the (2 ea.) upper & lower mounts from gmautopartsdirect.com.
But after taking it apart & comparing old vs. new (see pix on tailgate), all you really need are Upper Mount 25791031 (Qty 2) for about $25 ea. +shipping.
BANKS Ram Air Intake + Super Scoop, Banks Boost CAC Tube, BD Exhaust Manifold, EGR Blocker, MBRP DP, 4" Turbo-Back Exhaust w/ Aero-Turbine 4040, PCV Reroute, Transgo Jr., B&M Racing Deep Pan, Pure-Power Filter, SunCoast Deep Filter Lock,
Autometer Ultra-Lite II - EGT & Boost in overhead. NCT/Bilstein Shocks, Sulastic Shackles, Kryptonite Tie-Rods, Cognito UCA & Steering Braces, Firestone Ride-Rite Airbags, Reunel Bumper, Open Country M/T, LINE-X, TruXedo Tonneau, Pro-Tech Toolbox, Pioneer FH-P8000BT, i-pod, Focal 165KF Frt & Rear, JL Audio 300/4 Amp, Focal 27KX Subs, Audison Amp, Rattle-Trap Xtreme.
Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2010, 12:57 AM   eBay Motors  #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
But after taking it apart & comparing old vs. new (see pix on tailgate), all you really need are Upper Mount 25791031 (Qty 2) for about $25 ea. +shipping.
Thanks for the tip! I think with shipping, it might be a wash so I might just get it at the dealership.
'08 BMW 335i twin turbo
'93 Honda Civic VX (best of 52MPG!)
'92 GMC Typhoon AWD Turbo
'91 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo
'87 Toyota Supra Turbo
'84 Toyota Supra Turbo
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 09:28 AM   eBay Motors  #24 (permalink)

Before you have determined you have "Beam Rattle/Shake" check out your driveline and all joints, look for separated tires. Save some expense from having had a problem in another area. A separating tire or worn joint will make your head and teeth rattle. Some times people go in the opposite direction to get to the meat and potatoes, lastly, a problem like this could be in the rear cab mounts and I know the General has reviewed this annomally quite a bit and has found a fix. In a lot of cases even folks with single cabs and half tons think they have the shakes but it is related to something else. Look it over close. Our problem was a separated tire and at 45 mph nothing, but at 60mph, the whole world was shaking, even loosened the dowel bolt on the leaf spring pack. WOW!!!
GENMIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 12:27 PM   eBay Motors  #25 (permalink)

I have been running the the cab mounts for about a month. I can say it made a noticeable improvement. It seems to take out the bone rattling joint out of the ride on expansion joints, R/R Tracks & potholes.
Probably the best $120 (uppers & lowers) I've spent. If you just buy the upper mounts it's only $60.

BTW- Sulastic Shackles cost $340 & now I no longer think I need them.
BANKS Ram Air Intake + Super Scoop, Banks Boost CAC Tube, BD Exhaust Manifold, EGR Blocker, MBRP DP, 4" Turbo-Back Exhaust w/ Aero-Turbine 4040, PCV Reroute, Transgo Jr., B&M Racing Deep Pan, Pure-Power Filter, SunCoast Deep Filter Lock,
Autometer Ultra-Lite II - EGT & Boost in overhead. NCT/Bilstein Shocks, Sulastic Shackles, Kryptonite Tie-Rods, Cognito UCA & Steering Braces, Firestone Ride-Rite Airbags, Reunel Bumper, Open Country M/T, LINE-X, TruXedo Tonneau, Pro-Tech Toolbox, Pioneer FH-P8000BT, i-pod, Focal 165KF Frt & Rear, JL Audio 300/4 Amp, Focal 27KX Subs, Audison Amp, Rattle-Trap Xtreme.

Last edited by Crusher; 02-07-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 03:25 PM   eBay Motors  #26 (permalink)

I went to the GMC dealer here in Redding CA, they wanted over $400.00 to change these out, I just got my parts in the mail from PartsDirect, will be installing them this weekend myself.
gjault is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 03:34 PM   eBay Motors  #27 (permalink)
Super Moderator

On most trucks, you can re-use the lower pads and the washers. That will reduce the cost quite a bit with the same improvement. The lower pads and washers on my 04 were exactly the same as the new from GM.
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2010, 05:55 PM   eBay Motors  #28 (permalink)

Angry 2006 GMC 1500 4x4 Sierra Crew Cab

OK I installed the new frame cushions and the vibration at 45-55 is now gone. But I have a vibration at about 65 still, feels kind of the same as the lower speeds did, wondering if maybe the U Joint could be causing this new vibration. I'm really getting pissed at this, GM sold me this truck knowing there was a problem, that is just bad business. I have no patience for vehicle problems. Tomorrow I will have the tires rebalanced and have the truck re aligned
Old 03-31-2010, 01:07 PM   eBay Motors  #29 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Thank you VERY MCH for this information. Just ordered mine!
06 CCSB LBZ 4x4 LT3; torsion key lift (leveled); 265/75-16 Pro Comp A/T on OEM wheels (winter), BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain 275/70-18 on XD Diesel 18x9 (summer); MBRP 4" turbo back with Corsa muffler; EGR blocked; Edge Insight CTS gauges; EFI Live DSP2 by Idaho Rob - 80HP DD and 40HP tow with turbo brake (love it!); Rancho 9000XL shocks; updated rear cab mounts; Transgo Jr.; Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves; everything synthetic; Access Tonneau hiding Line-X; tinted windows 5% all around; Tekonsha P3 brake controller; HIR bulbs, more to come soon......
knaffie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2010, 01:24 PM   eBay Motors  #30 (permalink)

What I have noticed is the new lower cushion is soft and when the frame bolt is tightened the cushion gets squished and bulges outward, the cushion I removed did not do this. I wonder if the new upper is not as tall as the old upper, causing the bolt to be tightened deeper causing the cushion to become squished. I still got the old lowers at my brothers house, I will remove the new cushions and replace with old and see if it makes a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.