Frame Beaming- GM Campain #PIT3009J - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Exterior Talk about the exterior of your truck here.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 06:21 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Frame Beaming- GM Campain #PIT3009J

I have found a lot of valuable info on this forum but was surprised that Frame Beaming - GM Campain # PIT3009J was not listed.
So here goes. Frame Beaming is related to the rough ride experienced on some concrete highways with expansion joints. GM Campain #PIT3009J installs 2 new style rear cab mounts.
I printed it off & took it to my dealer, who never heard of it. Unfortunately on a 2006/37K miles = SOL for warranty coverage. So I will be paying for this myself.

It's listed as:

""GM Campaign #PIT3009J: Suspension Vibration Or Frame Beaming At 40-60 MPH (64-80KM/H) - keywords front rear shake shock spring tire - (Sept 18,2008)""

Condition/Concern:

Beam shake vibration is usually felt and occurring at speeds between 40-50 mph (64-80 km/h). Hertz readings using an EVA tool are normally between 8-24 HZ. This condition is most common on extended cab and crew cab models but has also been noted in other models.

Recommendation/Instructions:

The severity of the beam shake may vary from vehicle to vehicle. To determine if the concern is beam shake, please perform the following:

1. Test drive vehicle to confirm the condition. A beam shake condition will usually respond to concrete type pavements more than asphalt, so the vehicle should be driven over both surfaces if possible.

2. Place 200-500 pounds in the pickup bed between the closed tailgate and the wheel wells. A beaming condition should dissipate.

If the concern is determined to be beam shake, this a characteristic of the vehicle. GM Engineering has released updated body mounts to reduce this concern for the Crew and Extended Cab Models. There will be no changes made to the Regular Cab Models.

FOR CREW AND EXTENDED CAB MODELS, REPLACE THE REAR CAB MOUNTS WITH UPDATED PARTS LISTED BELOW. THESE PARTS SHOULD NOT BE USED ON REGULAR CAB MODELS.

New upper and lower mounts should be installed at the left and right rear cab position. The new LOWER mount is a two-piece design, meaning there is a rubber mount with a metal washer. Some models may use a one piece lower mount, meaning the rubber mount has a metal washer molded into it. If the vehicle has the one-piece lower mount design, washers (PN 15854745, Qty 2) will be needed to be used with the new lower mount.

Upper Mount 25791031 Qty 2

Lower Mount 25791032 Qty 2

Washer 15854745 Qty 2 (if needed)

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
BANKS Ram Air Intake + Super Scoop, Banks Boost CAC Tube, BD Exhaust Manifold, EGR Blocker, MBRP DP, 4" Turbo-Back Exhaust w/ Aero-Turbine 4040, PCV Reroute, Transgo Jr., B&M Racing Deep Pan, Pure-Power Filter, SunCoast Deep Filter Lock,
Autometer Ultra-Lite II - EGT & Boost in overhead. NCT/Bilstein Shocks, Sulastic Shackles, Kryptonite Tie-Rods, Cognito UCA & Steering Braces, Firestone Ride-Rite Airbags, Reunel Bumper, Open Country M/T, LINE-X, TruXedo Tonneau, Pro-Tech Toolbox, Pioneer FH-P8000BT, i-pod, Focal 165KF Frt & Rear, JL Audio 300/4 Amp, Focal 27KX Subs, Audison Amp, Rattle-Trap Xtreme.
Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2009, 06:22 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Banned

this was discussed over on DP quite a while ago, but good information.
Hondarider552 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2009, 06:24 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

So If changing the 2 rear Cab Mounts is an improvement. Why not change all 6 Cab Mounts? I haven't looked under the truck yet to see if they are all the same.
BANKS Ram Air Intake + Super Scoop, Banks Boost CAC Tube, BD Exhaust Manifold, EGR Blocker, MBRP DP, 4" Turbo-Back Exhaust w/ Aero-Turbine 4040, PCV Reroute, Transgo Jr., B&M Racing Deep Pan, Pure-Power Filter, SunCoast Deep Filter Lock,
Autometer Ultra-Lite II - EGT & Boost in overhead. NCT/Bilstein Shocks, Sulastic Shackles, Kryptonite Tie-Rods, Cognito UCA & Steering Braces, Firestone Ride-Rite Airbags, Reunel Bumper, Open Country M/T, LINE-X, TruXedo Tonneau, Pro-Tech Toolbox, Pioneer FH-P8000BT, i-pod, Focal 165KF Frt & Rear, JL Audio 300/4 Amp, Focal 27KX Subs, Audison Amp, Rattle-Trap Xtreme.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:25 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondarider552 View Post
this was discussed over on DP quite a while ago, but good information.
Yeah that's where I found it.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:05 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Has anyone tried these new Cab Mounts?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:18 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Depending on how much they cost, i just might do it, i have this problem, more noticeable since i put on the lift.

Tuned by SCRTuning: 431 HP 823 TQ
New Truck:
05' CCSB 2500HD 4X4 LLY Code Name:Lilly
2 inch drop Shackles and Front set to match
LBZ Mouthpiece, 5" TBE, EFILive by SCRTuning
gya0ma7ha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2009, 10:57 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

who gose 40-60mph on the highway? but that is good to know and keep in your back pockit!
Drivetrain LMM Duramax, Allsion 1000 Transmssion
Performance Mods EFI Live and DSP 5 By MMLMM, RBP downpipe back exhaust (no CAT or DPF), TransGo Jr, Mag Hytec transmssion and rear end covers, PPE Air Box Mod, Resonator Blocked, Auto Meter GS Boost, EGT, and Transmission gauges, Auto Meter triple pillar with speaker cutout. all from Tyler at Meyer Performance & Fabrication, LLC
Other Mods B&W Turn Over Ball, Air Lift Bags, Titan 52gal fuel tank, Wether Tech FloorLiners, SpeedLiner spray in bedliner, debadged whole truck except bow ties and D-Max/Allsion logo
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2009, 11:19 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

for what year trucks is this fix?
Tom's new truck: red 08 duramax lmm , LTZ, crewcab 3500 4x4, stock for now for towing racecar trailer #10000lb's , spray in liner, has black aftermarket ranchhand cowboy bumper with cowcatcher for that sinister look , matching back bumper, added a toolbox in bed , new lights on push bar , cb chip to come later remember old age isn't for sissies !! never hollar whooaa!! http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m...1/P9150004.jpg www.performancetruckproducts.com www.getsomeperformance.com Husker Diesel - 402-502-6961
tshideler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2009, 11:37 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

What year did the "Classic" body start - 2000? So 2000+.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:06 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Here is some info on the new Cab Mounts;

Very high damping body mount;
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcsi.d...tle=1&MaxW=600

Vertical vibration is a chronic problem for body-on-frame pickups. Tenneco developed a hydraulic mounting that absorbs a variety of bumps, ranging from pavement cracks to potholes, and makes ride comfort in body-on-frame vehicles closer to that of unibody cars and trucks. The design is inexpensive because it is mostly stamped metal. A central bolt-through design simplifies vehicle assembly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.