best motor oil? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Exterior Talk about the exterior of your truck here.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 07:34 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

best motor oil?

im changing my oil this up coming weekend what do you all recommend for oil?
8k hid's, 5% tint all way around, cognito 7-9in ntbd, 37''toyos wrapped around 20x12 hostages, mbrp turbo back with custom stacks, edge evo race(for now),afe intake and bladerunner, rare parts hd tie rods, line-x, de-badged, suncoast gmax6 with billet triple disc 1058 converter built by suncoast, lighted mirrors, plugged-rerouted-shimmed-ported, sdp egr delete...reconsss

ride red! #191
cummin-stroke this D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 07:39 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

I just changed mine as well, i run synthetic and i ran a 15w-50 that mobil-one makes, and then in the winter i go back to the 5w-40 that rotella makes, but i know that amsoil and all of those products are better its just how much you want to spend, i got the 15w-50 synthetic in wal mart.

Two tone, Red and Charcoal Grey

PPE Hot +2, PPE Ported Fuel Rail Fittings, PPE High Idle, 6000K Hids in headlights and fogs, 5% window tint all around, AFE Stage 2 CAI with resonator plugged, Intake horn mod, 6" rcd lift and traction bars, 315 toyo open county m/t's black rock crawler rims, cowl induction hood, SSBC slotted brakes, 4" silverline duals to black 5" tips, BD diesel exhaust manifold, autometer boost trans and pyrometer gauges, Mag-Hytec transmission pan, Mag-Hytec differential cover, banks big head wastegate, ppe boost valve and more.
6.6 dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 07:45 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

my buddy swears by mobil one. but i have herd ams oil is a very good product as well... i was thinking ams oil
8k hid's, 5% tint all way around, cognito 7-9in ntbd, 37''toyos wrapped around 20x12 hostages, mbrp turbo back with custom stacks, edge evo race(for now),afe intake and bladerunner, rare parts hd tie rods, line-x, de-badged, suncoast gmax6 with billet triple disc 1058 converter built by suncoast, lighted mirrors, plugged-rerouted-shimmed-ported, sdp egr delete...reconsss

ride red! #191
Old 04-08-2010, 07:46 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

yeah i might go to them next i havent heard any bad things about them.

Two tone, Red and Charcoal Grey

PPE Hot +2, PPE Ported Fuel Rail Fittings, PPE High Idle, 6000K Hids in headlights and fogs, 5% window tint all around, AFE Stage 2 CAI with resonator plugged, Intake horn mod, 6" rcd lift and traction bars, 315 toyo open county m/t's black rock crawler rims, cowl induction hood, SSBC slotted brakes, 4" silverline duals to black 5" tips, BD diesel exhaust manifold, autometer boost trans and pyrometer gauges, Mag-Hytec transmission pan, Mag-Hytec differential cover, banks big head wastegate, ppe boost valve and more.
6.6 dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 07:49 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

well i appreciate your input i will look into mobil one that might be the route i go.. like you said $!!!

ride red! #191
Old 04-08-2010, 07:53 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

are you sure the mobil 15-50 is rated for use in a diesel? does it have ci-4 or cj-4 rating?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:13 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

another oil thread.lol i think everybody has there own opinion on what oil.i use rotella 5-40
GMAX 6 PAC :rockin
PRECSION "ML":rockin
tranny built buy snoxracer399 and me
ad150
40% over injectors
twins on the way
rdl y bridge and boost tube
cody102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 08:22 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
The Good Son!
Lifetime Supporting Member

Go with what ever you feel most comfortable with. (Rotella, Mobil, amsoil or whatever). I just would suggest you look into the synthetic media filters Mobil 1, Bosch, or even amsoil becasue they are well worth the 10-15 bucks they cost.

07 Cameo F35TBQ Fifth Wheel
09 Suburban LTZ (the wife's)

Last edited by setexan; 04-08-2010 at 08:25 PM.
setexan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 08:42 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

I run amsoil myself have't heard anything bad about them all good news, but i also run amsoil because i have a 2006 model and i can run the ci 4+ oil which i read is the best oil produced before the government came up with all the emissions and made oil companies change their detergents, i would go with amsoil though because they produce extended drain intervals, which your paying a high price in the beginning but in the end it actually saves you alot more money, and time.
lackeyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2010, 07:55 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Any of the premium diesel engine oils will be a good choice. It really comes down to price and if you are looking to practice extended oil drain intervals - monitoring it with used oil analysis reports. I run Amsoil, but I also practice extended drain intervals to balance out the added cost.

2007 Chevrolet C2500HD Classic LT3, CC, SB, SRW, LBZ - wife refers to it as "Zippy"
vin63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.