Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Dipping the Duramax

26K views 150 replies 43 participants last post by  Woonie 
#1 ·
Alright guys
Before all the hardcore guys jump on me for the thought of plastidipping my truck, I just wanna say that I've already heard it :wink2:
I started an instagram page @orlando_dips and have been plastidipping some vehicles, and figure it would be good advertising and a cool look to do my 2015. The thought right now is almost a matte primer grey , matching the bumpers, etc, and with gloss black emblems and trim. Thoughts?

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Thinking I may put just a smidgen of dark color changing pearls in it too...

#12 ·
Come on, have some faith. Trust me, I'll do it right on my own shit ;)

Reactions: M.A.M.
#13 ·
gotta follow this one!

#14 ·
HmmMMmm

#15 ·
Alright guys, just have a couple questions
1) anyone know the easiest way to get off the plastic bed side covers, and will they break any built in clips?
2) easiest way to debadge?

#151 ·
at the body shop we use this scraper to remove emblems. it's thinner than a regular scraper. then the Eraser takes the glue off. I buy Erasers from snap-on, part # is in the picture. works perfect done it a thousand times.
taking off the side covers on the bed is extremely difficult to do without breaking them. maybe on purpose so people cannot just steal your parts.

Attachments

#18 ·
Yeah that's what I've been seeing, just was wondering if any of y'all have any tips

#20 ·
I think the truck looks great the way it is but to each his own and I can understand wanting to be different. Also like the look of a flat paint job also so cant wait to see it sure I will like it more than the way it is now.
Not sure about the bed caps but I've heard good things about the eraser wheels to remove the adhesive once the emblems are removed.

#21 ·
Thank you, I like it to, but as you said, I like a flat look and think it'll really show the lines of this truck. Hopefully will be ordering everything tomorrow at some point :D

#27 ·
Subd

#31 ·
We're gonna see lol
I did a buddies truck and he's going on 6 months of mudding with it and it's still fine. Here's a few pics Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Not to mention this truck is beat to hell haha

#33 ·
Right.. That's just as bad as bed liner the whole truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.