Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Windshield Tint strip/brow Pic Request

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  mdufficy 
#1 ·
Hey,

So i had my windshield replaced recently and i had a tint strip on the windshield. It was 8in down in the center. At times I thought it wasn't low enough.
So with the new windshield I am looking to put a new strip at least 10ins down in the center. So i want to see some pictures of your tint strip at least 10in
to even 12in down from the center. I would prefer to see it on the classic style but if its newer be my guest and post that picture.

#3 ·
WOW thats awesome! I dont think i could go that low, would be pulled over in a second lol. How is yours straight across and not curved like most? was it cut differently?

#5 ·
It was cut that way. The line wasn't perfectly straight don't know who did it as it was like that when I bought it. It was like that for a year and I got pulled over twice with it and never had it mentioned.

#8 ·
Obviously, you are not in NE FL. This would get you a ticket in a heart beat and would most likely not allow you to drive the truck without removal of the tint.

#7 ·
I'm really boarder line about doing the whole windshield. I would like to do it and it's not so much cops messing with me but getting an inspection sticker every year. I think they will fail me and destroy the tint around the sticker to prove a point.

#10 ·
In NJ you can have a doctors not but the tint isn't very dark and there are state certified tint places. But I think cops are getting more and more laid back about tint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.