Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Amp Running boards

948 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  xdbpxd 
#1 ·
Hey guys, My amp running boards are acting funny. My passenger side will come down but only sometimes go back up. I checked the wiring and everything looks fine. Sometimes when its down it will vibrate like it has a heart beat. Any now recently my drivers side running boards does the vibrate now too. Doesn't do it all the time but sometimes when its down. Could this be the motor of the step or the main module. Has this happen to anyone with these steps? Thanks guys

#2 ·
Bump

#3 ·
Amp Research has a trouble shooting guide on their site. From what I see could be anything from a ground to just connections. for the cost of the steps and motors. I would be inclined to re-do all the connections. Usually a motor fail will not be intermittent.

#4 ·
Make sure everything is aligned correctly. Over time you might see them "drooping" which is an indicator that they have moved slightly from the mounting locations. If they are way out of alignment the motor might be struggling to do its job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.