Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Tahoe clunk.

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dirtymaxxx03 
#1 ·
I've tried every tahoe forum and they are dead. No responses and hardly any views so I figured I'd try here.

2007 tahoe LT 4wd. 90k miles. Stock.

Noticed a slight clunk sound in between second and third gear. Not very loud but it is noticeable. You can hear and kind of feel it. But only under very slow acceleration. Shifts fine when you give it some gas and at open throttle. Only hear it when I'm just cruising off from a stop light or in a parking lot. It also gives a clunk when I'm slowing down just letting it coast and when its time to speed up I hit the gas and if it catches it in gear gear it also does it.

#2 ·
@dirtymaxxx03, in my personal experience with my 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe, I have the same thing going on. I haven’t had a chance to get it to the shop yet, but planning on it so I know what needs to be done. I’ve been told it’s a shift flare under light acceleration, but keep in mind I’m not a technician to diagnose what you’re experiencing. It just sounds really familiar to what I’m going through with mine as well.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.