Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Pontiac G6

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rap2orrider660R 
#1 ·
Anyone that owns a 2006 Pontiac G6, are you having any starting issues? My GF has one, and sometimes it turns over but stubbles and dies, then it will eventually start !! I heard there is a lot of people that has this problem, but no answers!! I've heard the fix could be, software update or clean the thorttle body? This is a sporadic issue and it will never do it in front of a GM tech....

Anyone have suggestions or a solution??

#2 ·
my GF has one also, hers has a 104000 and we've had to clean the throttle body and replace the starter. might try cleaning the throttle body first since the starter is a little pricier

#3 ·
X2 Typical issue with the 3.8 v6. Just clean the throttle body and you should be fine.

#4 ·
Thanks guys !! Her car was bought used, so it has some warranty. Maybe, just maybe I can get the dealer to clean it for free :D

If not, Ill get a few beers and do it myself !!

Did ya'll have to completly take the throttle body off to clean. What would you guys think about SeaFoaming it ??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.