Head Units! - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 03:14 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

sub'd...
where is the best place to buy the wiring harnesses? i am looking for a wiring harness to hook up my factory xm radio, harness to hook up the steering wheel controls and the head unit harness itself
AFE MP and AFE Stage 2 Intake
Blocked, Plugged, and Rerouted
Cowl Hood, 6k Highs, 5k lows and fogs, All-On Mod, smoked led cab lights, tails and 3rd brake light, nbs logos
Moto Metal 951, 305/60/18 Mickey Thompson ATZ, 3" torsion keys & 1.5" rear blocks, traction bars, tie rod sleeves
bigdaddy1385 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 08:07 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

so is alpine like the best then the pioneer kenwood and JVC's? sorry if thats a stupid question just trying to get an idea on what to get
2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ, PPE Hot +2, 5 Inch Straight pipe with 6 inch Chrome tip, AFE stage 2 Cold air Intake, EGR- Blocked, Auto Meter Ultra-Lite Boost and Pyro Guage, 6k Highs, 5k Lows and fogs, All-On Mod, Leveled! 18 in. XD Badlands wrapped in 33 in. Toyo Open Country MTs, AVS Headlight Covers, Smoked LED Tail light,third brake light and Recon Cab Lights, Chrome Grill, Tinted Windows

Wants- Air Dog II, Efi Live, Built Trans.
RedsLBZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 09:33 AM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

Bigdaddy - do you have an after market head unit that your trying to connect all that stuff to?

RedsLBZ - I am biased towards alpine. I would have preferred to kept my Alpine 505 from my old vehicle due to having the matching sound processor. I had the Alp w200, w205, then 505 over 4/5 years. Loved all of them. But like I said the product gap is alot smaller now. My pioneer cost under $400 and is faster than my 505 was. And provides me the bare essentials like I need. If I wanted Nav or Bluetooth then I would have gotten the Alpine 900 series for sure

Vendors: ATP, DMAX Store, Alligator, ProFab, Madjack Synthetics
Ride: Bilstein 5100's, 2" Cognito Shackles, Kryptonite Tie Rods, Moog Idler/Pitman Arms, 16" MT Sidebiters on 265/75/16 Michelin LTX
Electrical: Edge Insight, Autometer GS Boost in CubbyCam, Pioneer 4300, Digital Design sub & amps, CDT speakers, LED's all around, RETRO SOLUTIONS 8000k low/4300k fog, reverse bulbs
Other: 5" MBRP, PPE Diff cover, Nicktane Adapter, ADII 165
youngbuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 11:06 AM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

alright i don't need the best most expensive head unit but i would like to get a good one and not have to replace it after a couple of years
2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ, PPE Hot +2, 5 Inch Straight pipe with 6 inch Chrome tip, AFE stage 2 Cold air Intake, EGR- Blocked, Auto Meter Ultra-Lite Boost and Pyro Guage, 6k Highs, 5k Lows and fogs, All-On Mod, Leveled! 18 in. XD Badlands wrapped in 33 in. Toyo Open Country MTs, AVS Headlight Covers, Smoked LED Tail light,third brake light and Recon Cab Lights, Chrome Grill, Tinted Windows

Wants- Air Dog II, Efi Live, Built Trans.
RedsLBZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 12:13 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

I have an Alipne INA-W910 love it and works great and really easy to use and does everything bluetooth, nav, backup camera, xm, Pandora from my iphone. I had a Kenwood 7" touchscreen I can't remember the model number it was ok but I still go with the Alpine even with the price different. I have been running Alpine headunits for the past 14 years and never had issue with any of them. I still have one that is about 10 years old and still working like the first day I put it in.

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4wd CCSB
6-8" CST lift w/ King shocks,
325/60/20 Nitto Terra Grappler on 20" XD monster wheel
EFILive tuned ecm by Idahorob dsp5
5" Flo-Pro straight exhaust
ProFab downpipe
EGR block plate
Dmax R1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 06:14 AM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

a friend of mine has a used one that he is trying to sell. it is a pioneer avh-p3100dvd
AFE MP and AFE Stage 2 Intake
Blocked, Plugged, and Rerouted
Cowl Hood, 6k Highs, 5k lows and fogs, All-On Mod, smoked led cab lights, tails and 3rd brake light, nbs logos
Moto Metal 951, 305/60/18 Mickey Thompson ATZ, 3" torsion keys & 1.5" rear blocks, traction bars, tie rod sleeves
bigdaddy1385 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 06:22 AM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

ive got a pioneer avh-p4400bh and its an alright head unit, its nothing fancy but it does the trick for me anyway plus i got it with the ipod cable for $540
-PPE Boost Valve
-Edge Insight CTS
-EFI Live
-Truxedo Low Pro QT Tonneau Cover
-De Badged
-285/50/20 Cooper Zeon LTZ
-Fuel Boost 20x9
-Profab Intake Horn
-Nicktane Cat Adapter
04lb7duramax2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 08:39 AM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

pioneer came out with an awesome one this year, its like the avh-p4800 or avh-p8400
Old 04-20-2012, 08:55 PM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

Im lookin pretty hard at getting a pioneer
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
Tow Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 10:26 PM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase3194 View Post
pioneer came out with an awesome one this year, its like the avh-p4800 or avh-p8400
its the 8400. looks pretty sweet i gotta admit

Vendors: ATP, DMAX Store, Alligator, ProFab, Madjack Synthetics
Ride: Bilstein 5100's, 2" Cognito Shackles, Kryptonite Tie Rods, Moog Idler/Pitman Arms, 16" MT Sidebiters on 265/75/16 Michelin LTX
Electrical: Edge Insight, Autometer GS Boost in CubbyCam, Pioneer 4300, Digital Design sub & amps, CDT speakers, LED's all around, RETRO SOLUTIONS 8000k low/4300k fog, reverse bulbs
Other: 5" MBRP, PPE Diff cover, Nicktane Adapter, ADII 165
youngbuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.