Changing headlight bulbs on 2011 GMC Denali LML - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 05:59 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Angry Changing headlight bulbs on 2011 GMC Denali LML

Ok,so were in the year 2012 and from what i can see i have to pull the drivers side battery and windshield washer bottle just to change a freakin headlight bulb.
IS THIS THE EASIEST WAY?
Thundecatd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 06:55 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

My truck is a chevy not gmc so there may be some difference not sure. I did pull the drivers side battery but did not have to pull the washer fluid bottle. On the passenger side I pulled the airbox. Only took about 15-20 minutes to do both. It is more of a pain then my previous 2006 was thats for sure!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:54 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Wow! Wonder why they did that as the 06 had a pin and hinge.

The job is not finished til we draw blood and find all the parts we forgot to put on. Flight Test Mechanics
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 02:15 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

pins and hinges were way nice! wish GM would have stuck to that. I also wish they still had their own daytime running lamps instead of using the headlights.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:57 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundecatd View Post
Ok,so were in the year 2012 and from what i can see i have to pull the drivers side battery and windshield washer bottle just to change a freakin headlight bulb.
IS THIS THE EASIEST WAY?
Thats the best way to do it. Figured it out for the first time a couple weeks ago unfortunately.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:01 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

To change a light bulb on the NBS trucks is ridiculous.

2009 GMC 2500HD SLE CC/SB 4x4 LMM
EFI Live, Edge Insight CTS, EGR disabled, Flo~Pro 4" exhaust w/ muffler & stock trumpet tip, Pacer LED NBS cab lights, Putco yellow bulb fog lights, GM under tailgate dually light bar, Footwell lights, Cobra 29 WXNWST CB radio, Kenwood speakers, Tinted windows, GM chrome oval running boards, WIF sensor delete plug, Fumoto oil drain valve, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Michelin M/S2, PY0 wheels, Rubber mud flaps, Curt class IV hitch, Wilson 2000 CB antenna

2000 Silverado 1500 LS RC/LB 4x2 4.8L (Whoopty/Work Truck)

Last edited by HD Dmax Machine; 06-07-2012 at 08:38 PM.
HD Dmax Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 10:40 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DF Sponsors
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11_duramax View Post
pins and hinges were way nice! wish GM would have stuck to that.
Yes, the GMT-800 headlights are sooo nice and easy to remove...

However, from what Ive learned, GM had a lot of "quality concerns" and complaints with headlight fitment and fit/finish on the GMT-800's, which is why the made the GMT-900 headlights super clean-fitting and tight (and thus a PITA to remove).

From a "looking at it" standpoint, the GMT-800 design does look ridiculously cheap compared to the GMT-900's. The gaps and stuff around the headlights just gives a general "poor exterior fit/finish" statement.

Obviously it doesnt bother me (or 95% of other guys), but GM obviously felt that enough critics picked on it (IE, people who arent 'sold' on a GM, so they walk into a dealer to make a decision, see the 'poor' fitment on the headlights/grille and say "no I dont want a GM now because the exterior fit looks cheap"), thus the redesign on the GMT-900's.

Thats just what Ive been told...I mean it makes sense if you think about it...not that it bothers me personally and not that ive ever complained about it, but "TECHNICALLY", looking at it objectively, a $50k pickup truck/SUV "should" have a headlight/grille assembly that looks a little "tighter" and better put-together........if that makes sense.

And...how often are you really changing headlight bulbs anyway?

-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

Specializing in a wide range of custom electronics and great gadgets for your 2001+ GM full size truck/SUV

Allison torque converter lockup controllers, Allison Tap-Shift kits, digital DSP-5 switches, affordable injector harness repair kits, and much more!

Check out our online store at www.btdieselworks.com and use promo code DMAXFORUM for 5% off all orders!

307.200.9255 - btdieselworks@gmail.com - Be sure to "like" us on Facebook!
duratothemax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 11:01 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

I also wish there was a daytime running lamp instead of using headlights. Burning the life outta my HID's!
And that would give a great location for my strobe bulbs like I did in my old Z-71.

Waiting to install: Stainless sleeves, blocker plate, cognito support.
Wish List: Built tranny.
B&G Diesel Performance
Burco_D-Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.