07.5 lmm shark fin wiring -Outside temp - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 09:29 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

07.5 lmm shark fin wiring -Outside temp

Unique series of problems 07.5 lmm
Hi Everyone,

My name is Luke, and I'm from British Columbia Canada.
Im new to internet forums and I hope someone can help me out here. I am at work and don't have time to set up my profile, but I will later on. I just purchased a used 07.5 lmm ltz that was written off and has a rebuild status. A body man completely restored the truck to flip and sell, and it passed inspection. I paid 25,000 Canadian, and it has 120,000 km. Its chipped, and has exhaust done and a 6inch high clearance lift with 35 inch tires.

To the point, when it was written off, that cab was full of snow and must have had slight water damage, the roof was ripped off and is now replaced. Mostly everything works except for:
- passenger heated seats ( buttons light up, but don't say lit, wondering how to get access to the switches)
- Outdoor air temp reads OC (open circuit), I replaced the sensors then recently found out that when the roof was replaced a new shark fin was installed that has a different amount of pins on it, so not VIN matching, is this the issue? Does anyone know how the outside air temp is wired?
-Wondering if I can install blue tooth through the factory radio? - I did read some threads but I wasn't sure on these modules everything was talking about.

I have other problems that I can find solutions for in the forums and I might have to go in for some shop time(front end work - vibrations), but I hope I can fix these myself with your help!

Much appreciated and I hope I can return the favor ( I dont know much yet about these trucks).
lukebuis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 02:01 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

outside temp is on the radiator support under hood latch just abvove the tranny cooler,start there and look for broken wires[it goes into the headlight harness] from the accident,,google ''onstar bluetooth'' you will need to replace the vcim/onstar with a GM factory unit out of a late 09-12 GM vehicle,,,the shark antenna is for onstar and xm,it will have 2 or 3 wires,2 is onstar only 3 is onstar and xm
dmaxx3500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.