Halo headlight question?? - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 07:53 AM   eBay Motors  #21 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivetts04dmax View Post
where are you guys hooking your halos into? I want them to come on when it's getting dark but not dark enough for headlights. kind of like the BMWs
Mine are hooked up to the low beams, that was the only spot for them to come on at night automatically, I didn't want a switch and hate daytime running lights

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 08:15 AM   eBay Motors  #22 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I might hook them into the lows or their own switch, I don't want them to come on all the time with the DRLs. When does the middle bulb come on? with the headlights?
2006 CCSB LBZ -Cognito 4-6", UCAs, Braces, Kryptonite Front End, Suncoast GMAX6, MA Trans Brace, Pump Rub, Transgo, MagHytec Pans, Magnaflow, Rigid, Alligator, PPEI Tunes, 305/55 Nitto Trails, 20x10 BMF Novakanes

2004 RCLB ZF6 LLY -SOLD
Billet S472, Southbend DD
2004 CCSB LLY -SOLD
kivetts04dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 08:17 AM   eBay Motors  #23 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutindmax View Post
Mine are hooked up to the low beams, that was the only spot for them to come on at night automatically, I didn't want a switch and hate daytime running lights

I will prolly just do them with the lows also..just wish I could only make them come on by themselves
2006 CCSB LBZ -Cognito 4-6", UCAs, Braces, Kryptonite Front End, Suncoast GMAX6, MA Trans Brace, Pump Rub, Transgo, MagHytec Pans, Magnaflow, Rigid, Alligator, PPEI Tunes, 305/55 Nitto Trails, 20x10 BMF Novakanes

2004 RCLB ZF6 LLY -SOLD
Billet S472, Southbend DD
2004 CCSB LLY -SOLD
kivetts04dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 AM   eBay Motors  #24 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivetts04dmax View Post
I might hook them into the lows or their own switch, I don't want them to come on all the time with the DRLs. When does the middle bulb come on? with the headlights?
The middle light will come on as a low beam light

Old 12-10-2012, 09:23 AM   eBay Motors  #25 (permalink)

Seems like there's quite a few guys running the Spyders with HID's in here, are they fairly easy to adjust? How's the pattern of the beam?

Bought my truck with HID's in it without projectors, and I know they're obnoxiously bright to oncoming traffic. Looking for a cost effective solution since I'd rather spend mod money elsewhere.
| AirDog 2 Liftpump | BigDipper 30 over injectors |
| DMaxStore Frontend Kit | Wilwood 6 Piston Brakes | Cognito Upper A-Arms | Traction Bars | Mag-Hytec Diff Cover |
| HID's | Recon Taillights | Recon Cab Light | | Black Suede headliner | Lockpick Gen 6 |
SMOKINV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 10:48 AM   eBay Motors  #26 (permalink)

i dont have hid's on it yet im just running piaa all around, so i could just hook them up to the low's, i need to adjust them down alittle are those screws the adjusters thanks boys
mooose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 07:24 PM   eBay Motors  #27 (permalink)

I run my halos with the daytime running lights. I regret buying the EBay version spiders because the fit was not perfect but mostly because the halos aren't very bright. To get halos as bright as import BMW's you have to pay a price

'02 lb7 LT "MR UNIVERSE" SEMA 2002, 4" Lift, Bags, 35's, BD Trans, EFI by IdahoRob, 4" Exhaust, Fass 150, Rare Parts, Cognito Braces & UCA's, Super Idler, ARB Front Locker, Onboard Air, Webasto cab heater, 55W 8k HIDs.
tonkaman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 02:55 PM   eBay Motors  #28 (permalink)
DIESEL ADDICT
Lifetime Supporting Member

What do you guys recommend besides spyders?
Built trans..EFI by Tony..Air DogII 165..5" Straight Piped MBRP exhaust w/ 7" tip..MBRP down pipe..AFE intake..AFE bladerunner..AFE intercooler pipe.. EGR Blocker Plate.. Caltracs..Tie Rod Sleeves..Autometer Cobalt Gauges..Halos..LED Tailights..Debadged..Rerouted..Leveled..18" Metal Mulisha wheels on 33" Pro Comp Xtremes..Roll pan..
06BLACKSTALLION is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 08:37 PM   eBay Motors  #29 (permalink)

I'd like to know if I actually got spyder lights, since I bought off eBay they could just be cheap copies

'02 lb7 LT "MR UNIVERSE" SEMA 2002, 4" Lift, Bags, 35's, BD Trans, EFI by IdahoRob, 4" Exhaust, Fass 150, Rare Parts, Cognito Braces & UCA's, Super Idler, ARB Front Locker, Onboard Air, Webasto cab heater, 55W 8k HIDs.
tonkaman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 10:11 PM   eBay Motors  #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLACKSTALLION View Post
What do you guys recommend besides spyders?
I've been searching on this topic for a while, and if you want to replace the whole headlight, the consensus seems to be Recon's. If you just want to cut down on the asshole factor of HID's in stock housings, theretrofitsource.com has some projector housings you can install in your existing headlights that apparently work well.
| AirDog 2 Liftpump | BigDipper 30 over injectors |
| DMaxStore Frontend Kit | Wilwood 6 Piston Brakes | Cognito Upper A-Arms | Traction Bars | Mag-Hytec Diff Cover |
| HID's | Recon Taillights | Recon Cab Light | | Black Suede headliner | Lockpick Gen 6 |
SMOKINV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.