Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Recon halo projector headlight question???

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Moose1122 
#1 ·
After going through 8 pages of vague search matches, and countless more to go, I was not able to find the answer to the question I seek, so I am making my own question, and hope you all will help me out if you know the answer.

Santa is bringing me a set of Recon smoked CCFL projector headlights this year for Christmas, and my main question was, does anyone know if these headlights are pre-aimed from the factory, or if you have a set, did you have to aim them after installation? Also, if you did aim them, how do you do it? Trying to prepare myself for the job ahead of me when the time comes.

Is there any tricks or tips to the extra wiring involved, ie. wiring the LED DRL's, hooking up the halos, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

#2 ·
all the sets iv installed are pretty good to go you can adjust them a little but iv never drove a projector vehicle that(iv owned wrx legacy denali ect ect my dads audi and my lml) they all have one side slightly higher but you only notice it on walls ect the halo and led running lights you can just tie into your running lights just seal up all your connections real good

#3 ·
Bump for how this turned out wiring wise, I just got Anzo's with no real instructions on the Led's and CFL wiring.

#4 ·
I just got an "add a fuse pigtail-thing" and ran one wire to a ground and one to the added pigtail fuse in the fuse box. I plugged mine into my ignition fuse, so they are only on when the key is in the "run" position. You could do your halo's and led's seperate if you wanted to, I didn't.... You could also have them turn on as DRL's or Park lamps.

#5 ·
Thanks, I may go the DRL, park lamp route which on the LML may be the same circuit if I remember right.

#6 ·
Ok, so I wired mine into the DRL's, and they work good, but now, the driver side halos are out. They cut in and out and only partially lit for about a week and a half, and now, are completely out. I called customer service, and the guy told me he would send me a new inverter to hopefully fix the problem. I am still waiting on that package, and it has been a week and a half now. When I try to call customer service back now, no one answers, and the voice mail box is full. I have also emailed them twice with no response.

Has anyone else had these kind of problems with Recon's customer service, and if so, did you find a way to rectify it with them. When my 3rd brake light was getting condensation in it, I called them, emailed them some pictures, and they shipped me out a new one right away. Now, I can't get them to help me out at all!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.